Eric Duncan

Expend4bles | September 22, 2023

After the disaster of the third one, I'm surprised this one is being made,  I know it still did fairly well internationally, in fact it did more than the original so I guess they are counting on the international money to make their money back.  

On 10/6/2021 at 9:17 AM, baumer said:

After the disaster of the third one, I'm surprised this one is being made,  I know it still did fairly well internationally, in fact it did more than the original so I guess they are counting on the international money to make their money back.  

Like many I was disspaointed in the first one..it was just not as much fun as it should have been...loved the Second one which really delivered the goods,,and disliked the third a lot.

It looks a bit better than I expected, I guess? The cast is a big step down and kinda nullifies the premise of action legends teaming up since 90% of them aren't here now lol.  I'll watch it to see Tony Jaa and Iko Uwais on the big screen...that's about it.

But wow, what a fumbled bag this franchise has been. From the first trying too hard to be a drama, 2 being semi-decent, and 3 shitting the bed on a PG-13 rating and focusing so much on the new, young cast no one cares about (made worse by them not even casting any ACTUAL action movie up and comers like Scott Adkins, Iko Uwais, etc.). And now 4 which has 50 Cent as the headliner.

• Like 1

I'm sure I'm forgetting something obvious, but has there ever been a good movie where the sequel/number related to the movie is in the title itself? Like Expend4bles, Fant4stic, that kind of stuff. I guess the closest thing is...does Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa count?

3 minutes ago, Eric 2099 said:

I'm sure I'm forgetting something obvious, but has there ever been a good movie where the sequel/number related to the movie is in the title itself? Like Expend4bles, Fant4stic, that kind of stuff. I guess the closest thing is...does Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa count?

2 Fast 2 Furious is the gold standard

• Like 1

So even though it's never been announced officially that sly is going to die in this one, they're pretty much telling you straight out that he is by giving him the "and" spot on the poster.