Eric Atreides

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP :hahaha: 

Around 55M 4 day then.

RlSPCIm.gif

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Pretty much my thoughts. I think 70M 4 day weekend will still lead to a couple of delays.

yzsKZwY.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Pretty much my thoughts. I think 70M 4 day weekend will still lead to a couple of delays.

Exactly. I don't want to go on a personal rant here, but knocking 200 doors a week and doing fundraising as a political candidate a year in advance of the election on top of a full time job is not a ton of fun. That two hours to see a movie in theaters is the only time I'm not checking my phone or worrying about other shit. So the reason I have meltdowns on here is because there's alot of my sanity and mental health wrapped up in this shit surviving 🤣

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Porthos said:

NB:

I ain't just sayin' this coz I predicted it almost exactly:

*pauses*

Okay, maybe a little bit. :ph34r:

some don’t need the almost:

BD37F526-5278-4378-8CA6-CB039AA43634.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 8

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

BTW, in the midst of all the Victory Strutting, I do believe @Cap has something to share with the class. :Gaga:

(can edit your screenshot if you need to, naturally)

1 minute ago, Cap said:

some don’t need the almost:

BD37F526-5278-4378-8CA6-CB039AA43634.jpeg

THE TIMING!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

(wasn't planned, I SWEAR! :lol:)

Edited by Porthos
  • Astonished 1

I mean if it helps - 8 is a very good number for us Chinese (ethnicity); so double 8. (8.8) is very good omen and very a auspicious. Lol.

Trust the Chinese stars of the film will be happy with this preview number. 发发! lol

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, TigerPaw said:

I mean if it helps - 8 is a very good number for us Chinese (ethnicity); so double 8.8 is very good omen. Lol.

Trust the Chinese stars of the film will be happy with this preview number. 发发! lol

Exactly what I've been saying. This is the best luckiest number for this movie. I had hoped for either 8 or 8.8, and it hit the more lucky number 😂 Hoping for the a weekend of 80.8m. Or 88.8m for maximum fortune :P

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Sorry, would have mentioned you, but I remembered you saying your comps pointing at 10m as well.  My apologies for not double checking your post and then tagging you in offering to join in the Power Walk of Victory Strut. 👍

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952aaf86dc87704c01858

• Like 2

So now that we have preview numbers and it’s been a while since I followed a weekend thread. what will we do to get numbers. Wait for some estimates from DHD, see what our resident insiders like EC or Jatinder have to say or go back to the days of old and posting photos of shirtless men to appease the true numbers god @Rthtr?

42 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It did???

The opening is going to be great and a nice booster for the box office. 

But it has no competition, piracy or at-home option. It has great reviews. It also didn’t have repeated delays. How has Shang-Chi had an uphill battle compared to any other films this summer? 

Um I mention them in my post:

1) Delta wasn't part of the public consciousness when A Quiet Place, F9 and Black Widow were released.

2) Also those movies didn't have a hurricane that impacted the South and North East the day before causing massive floods, destroyed property and power outages.

3) There was the possibility of superhero fatigue after The Suicide Squad flopped.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

So now that we have preview numbers and it’s been a while since I followed a weekend thread. what will we do to get numbers. Wait for some estimates from DHD, see what our resident insiders like EC or Jatinder have to say or go back to the days of old and posting photos of shirtless men to appease the true numbers god @Rthtr?

Basically it's the waiting game for Deadline to put out their early Friday numbers, which should be in about 3 or 4 hours from now. After that we just kind of hope either RTH or EC has some numbers for us tonight (Charlie still doesn't have his sources back up and running). Although EC has started publishing them in the morning, so maybe his sources have changed or just give him info later.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

I mean if it helps - 8 is a very good number for us Chinese (ethnicity); so double 8. (8.8) is very good omen and very a auspicious. Lol.

So you better pray this will not turn into a 74m 3 days opening, which means "To the hell with you":, 

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Um I mention them in my post:

1) Delta wasn't part of the public consciousness when A Quiet Place, F9 and Black Widow were released.

2) Also those movies didn't have a hurricane that impacted the South and North East the day before causing massive floods, destroyed property and power outages.

3) There was the possibility of superhero fatigue after The Suicide Squad flopped.

Superhero fatigue, finally! It only took 40 guesses, and a global pandemic. 😄