Eric Duncan

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

2 hours ago, Sam said:

Wow, it’s been a while. 

I have done my part as an Asian Marvel fanatic and watched Shangchi in theater just now. 

Loved everything about it. I’m feeling catered to in the best way.

Really happy to see the great numbers it’s pulling so far. Well deserved. 

Sam.

4 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

So this not being front loaded proved ScarJo’s lawsuit right?

I think it is quite frontloaded. 

BW SAT hold of 89% was around 85% of regular MCU July SAT hold i.e. 105%.

We never had Labor Day or Sep MCU release, the closest is Venom in October at around 117%. Captain Marvel in March had 130% SAT bump while Thor 3 in Nov was 137%. 

SC's supposedly 109% is less than those. Now how much of that is due to Labor day weekend SAT probably deflated due to 4 days weekend or still somewhat summery FRI or Ida boosting FRI. We don't know.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, baumer said:

Mike I haven't been active here much in the last 18 months but seeing your name and your post is like an old familiar shirt you find in the back of your closet.  It fits nicely, brings back great memories and makes you feel nostalgic.  Damn good to see you.  :) 

Baumer, I would say the exact same thing about you! Seeing you around brings me back to the good ol’ BOM days, and has me feeling nostalgic, too. Life flies, eh? It always feels good to see you still around. I’m still connected with some of the old gang on social media.

I hope you’re doing well and taking care of yourself. 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

Can you imagine if The Suicide Squad was the only major blockbuster for August/September and it did the same #s it did, and cinemas would be branded officially dead? 

Free Guy and Shang-Chi may be some of the most important box office performances ever. 

• Like 3