Eric Duncan

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Free Guy was dated in China days before release after US release.

I think Shang Chi will be released there, maybe late September? But i suspect we will know days before like FG.

But anyway i hope it happens because it will give the movie a shot at +500M

the china date for free guy was announced on aug 20 one week after the us release

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric and the Ten Rings said:

Next year feels so overstuffed with movies so close to one another it's insane. Guess that's what you pay when you delay everything. If we're going with a new Labor Day title, John Wick or Black Adam sound about right.

There’s like no blockbusters proper scheduled in August; it’s so bizarre to me, especially considering how well Free Guy did two weeks after Jungle Cruise this year (woulda thought something would’ve moved in the brief shuffling last week)

• Like 2

https://deadline.com/2021/09/shang-chi-opening-weekend-box-office-1234826987/

Marvel Shang-Chi and The Legend of Ten Rings to the second best-3 day of the pandemic with $71.4M, behind Disney/Marvel’s Black Widow ($80.3M) and ahead of F9‘s $70M. The 4-day per industry estimates is expected to be $89.2M. Disney is reporting $83.5M for the four-days.