Jump to content
Eric Madrigal

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

$56M Oversea opening.

 

And please ignore the last line.

 

 

 

 

 

Ignore it why? Has it gotten a release date? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Is it possible for HBO Max to change their hybrid release plans for the rest of 2021?

Why they would? They already paid everybody and make deals to go back to theatrical in 2022, it's shit but it's done.

 

None of the succesful movies this year made them change that, not even their colossal drops made that. Shang Chi won't do anything to them either.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blankments said:

ERC needs to shut the fuck up lol


damn.
 

This guy hates the box office for no reason.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:
  • Random thought.... I wish I was on here during Black Panther's opening weekend. That must have been a moment

 

Nothing compares to 1) The Dark Knight, 2) Avengers 2012, 3) Endgame, 4) Da Force Awakens

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is actually behind that ERC account? That seem to be losing their grip as the weeks have gone on.

 

They need to log off or someone needs to tell them to log off for a bit

Edited by Ryaner90
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blankments said:

ERC needs to shut the fuck up lol

 

So he is really implying SC number will make Disney change "decisions" (let's say delay Eternals) because SC opening is not good enough? This is outrageous, at this point it looks like not even 100M OW will make some people stop with this delays theories.

 

How the fuck someone who work with box office since 1974 can say pandemic doesn't matter? 

 

Maybe he is posting shit to grab some engagement on his account, that's the more reasonable thing to me.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

ERC needs to shut the fuck up lol


All of those but Hulk got sequels greenlit, and went on to make Marvel a boat load of numbers on paper. 
 

Is that what you’re saying? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG he is really saying that i'm pissed.

 

This dude have almost 40 thousand followers only to alienate them to believe that 88M opening on Labor Day is not good enough to avoid sending things to streaming.

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

OMG he is really saying that i'm pissed.

 

This dude have almost 40 thousand followers only to alienate them to believe that 88M opening on Labor Day is not good enough to avoid sending things to streaming.

 

 

 

 


i genuinely think he’s been bought out by big money that are short on $AMC

This behaviour makes no sense for an account that are meant to be objective in trying times for the industry.  The opening is spectacular. 
 

This really is starting to seem obvious to me he’s been bought off so he can be quoted in hit pieces for Wall Street. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

If they’re making Ant-Man 3 theatrical, the idea of sending Shang-Chi as a streaming only franchise is legitimately hysterical while feeling subtly racist ngl

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

 

Ignore it why? Has it gotten a release date? 

 

I really wish I know. Fandom here especially comic book fans are like:

 

1y30.gif

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

If they’re making Ant-Man 3 theatrical, the idea of sending Shang-Chi as a streaming only franchise is legitimately hysterical while feeling subtly racist ngl

That’s not what he’s implying. He’s basically saying don’t be surprised if eternals or other Disney movies get the PA treatment as well as being released theatrically. 
 

 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gavin Feng said:

I really wish I know. Fandom here especially comic book fans are like:

 

1y30.gif

 

 

you mean knew ? in any case if it gets a release there we will know one week before so....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wildphantom said:


i genuinely think he’s been bought out by big money that are short on $AMC

This behaviour makes no sense for an account that are meant to be objective in trying times for the industry.  The opening is spectacular. 
 

This really is starting to seem obvious to me he’s been bought off so he can be quoted in hit pieces for Wall Street. 

He seems obsessed with Premiere Access, i look into his tweets and he is talking about sending Eternals to D+ for days. I can't find any logical reason of why an "box office lover" would act this way so maybe you're right.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cax16 said:

That’s not what he’s implying. He’s basically saying don’t be surprised if eternals or other Disney movies get the PA treatment as well as being released theatrically. 

after free guy and shang i cant see why they would do that..... 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.