Eric Atreides

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

1 hour ago, Cap said:

So I was thinking about how like I honestly don’t think anyone but Tony Leung could have played Wenwu. Because I feel like people would have gone big. Or menacing. It would’ve turned into this crazy arch performance that probably would’ve ruined the movie. And I was just thinking about how like the casting in Marvel is amazing. Sarah Halley Finn Is Totally their secret weapon.

There is no denying Tony Leung is a great choice; no one is ever disputing that. Especially after watching the movie, it is hard to see someone else play the role.

But do take a look at Jet Li’s performance in The Warlords (where he won best actor at the HK film awards), that acting performance was superb and subtle. Jet Li’s command of Mandarin is also one of the best out of all actors; as he is from Mainland and not Hong Kong.

Donnie Yen’s subtle performance in the first and third Ip Man film were also terrific.

I mean if there is a sequel and they need bigger names; there are a few that they can look for; without a dent in quality in the acting department.

Edited by TigerPaw

32 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

There is no denying Tony Leung is a great choice; no one is ever disputing that. Especially after watching the movie, it is hard to see someone else play the role.

But do take a look at Jet Li’s performance in The Warlords (where he won best actor at the HK film awards), that acting performance was superb and subtle. Jet Li’s command of Mandarin is also one of the best out of all actors; as he is from Mainland and not Hong Kong.

Donnie Yen’s subtle performance in the first and third Ip Man film were also terrific.

I mean if there is a sequel and they need bigger names; there are a few that they can look for; without a dent in quality in the acting department.

I expect something like this. Feige knows that there is work to do with making Shang-Chi more popular in China/East Asia with mixed reception in the region so far. So adjustments will be made. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

https://deadline.com/2021/09/venom-let-there-be-carnage-release-date-change-october-1234827831/

‘Venom: Let There Be Carnage’ Heads To First Weekend Of October After Super ‘Shang-Chi’ Labor Day Stretch

LOL

So, is The Many Saints of Newark now moving to Sept 24?  I wouldn't want to be in Venom's US wave b/c it pulls the exact same demos as Shang Chi, so there's not gonna be anyone left to see Newark...

From Deadline..."I’ve heard that tracking among males is really hot for Venom 2, and Sony has every reason in the world to keep it in 2021 versus pushing the Andy Serkis-directed pic to January 22"

https://deadline.com/2021/09/venom-let-there-be-carnage-release-date-change-october-1234827831/

Edited by TwoMisfits