Eric Atreides

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Nolan tried to save the cinema before we had a miracle vaccine that made any of this possible. Probably unwise of him tbh. In retrospect, Tenet coming out like that was kind of nuts.

At least he knows the key is Labor Day weekend.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Nolan tried to save the cinema before we had a miracle vaccine that made any of this possible. Probably unwise of him tbh. In retrospect, Tenet coming out like that was kind of nuts.

Nah, WB knew they had a money loser on their hands before Covid so it did make sense. Covered their losses, gave the theaters reason to not bite back as badly once they did day and date and gave hope for a return. Grateful they did to be honest. 

21 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Oh Sony what the hell are you doing :hahaha:

This does raise the question that is when the hell is Venom getting released in Europe: one week before or one week after America?

Same thing I'm wondering. No way they wanna release on the same week internationally as Bond

2 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

The entire industry almost deceived by TSS flop....failed to recognize HBO max really impact the box office

Part of it was HBO Max, part of it was just TSS didn't do well for a superhero film. In the UK it did the equivalent of a 40 million OW in these times. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Oh Sony what the hell are you doing :hahaha:

This does raise the question that is when the hell is Venom getting released in Europe: one week before or one week after America?

Yeah. I would like to confirm with @Gavin Feng but may be they could have got day and date release in China & get that big $300M WW OW headline. 

Now INT probably is gonna remain in previous date? or just one week open before NTTD drop. Bad move as far as Europe is concerned. 

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah. I would like to confirm with @Gavin Feng but may be they could have got day and date release in China & get that big $300M WW OW headline. 

Now INT probably is gonna remain in previous date? or just one week open before NTTD drop. Bad move as far as Europe is concerned. 

i just hope that IF shang gets a release there it will be at 17 sept or so.....in order to have some legs (if the reception is of course great)

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

China is a mess right now. Hopefully Venom and Bond get released there.