Eric Duncan

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

16 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

Honestly everything about this response is a big oof but like she didn't even name his name she simply said "a security guard" lmao but like this logic you have within the workspace says alot

Wow

If you could never flirt at work, I wouldn't be alive today. I met my fiance whilst working and in 8 weeks we will be welcoming our first child. I will never regret asking my fiance to a date whilst being at work, it's made my life

Thoughts like yours are honestly scary, I'm glad you're the minority 

Edited by Chicago

32 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Wow

If you could never flirt at work, I wouldn't be alive today. I met my fiance whilst working and in 8 weeks we will be welcoming our first child. I will never regret asking my fiance to a date whilst being at work, it's made my life

my thoughts are scary because I believe in some professions should remain professional especially if your job is to protect a client? I will die on that hill

35 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Wow

Are you Paul Schrader?

11 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

my thoughts are scary because I believe in some professions should remain professional especially if your job is to protect a client? I will die on that hill

Then die on it, meanwhile let people make their own decisions. There's been loads of reports of celebrities dating their security guards. If everyone shared your opinion, The Bodyguard would have been a massive flop back in the day, thankfully it's a classic

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Chicago said:

Then die on it, meanwhile let people make their own decisions. There's been loads of reports of celebrities dating their security guards. If everyone shared your opinion, The Bodyguard would have been a massive flop back in the day, thankfully it's a classic

Okay I'm done because this went from Youtube haters to Brie Larson to security guards dating their clients and then workplace romances and now I'm confused as hell.

Just now, iHeartJames said:

Okay I'm done because this went from Youtube haters to Brie Larson to security guards dating their clients and then workplace romances and now I'm confused as hell.

I don't know much about YouTube haters, it's not really my area of expertise. I just remember a couple of years ago Brie Larson said some things I disagreed. I don't think it's right for people to abuse her online but judging by CM's box office gross, it's safe to say she had the last laugh anyways

5 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I've finally pinpointed the post that turned this thread into a dumpster fire.

Edit: let's all stop posting stuff like this. Even if the post is somebody's reaction to it. All it does is help spread this incel crap around and throw threads annoyingly off course.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another reason why the Larson “unlikeable” thing is nonsense is look at another MCU actor: Jeremy Renner. He’s always come off to me as a douche in interviews. Nevermind those accusations thrown his way after his divorce, which whether true or not at least there I would get why some folks theoretically could find him “unlikeable.” 

And yet notice there isn’t as much sustain effort on him as there is on Larson. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RRA said:

Another reason why the Larson “unlikeable” thing is nonsense is look at another MCU actor: Jeremy Renner. He’s always come off to me as a douche in interviews. Nevermind those accusations thrown his way after his divorce, which whether true or not at least there I would get why some folks theoretically could find him “unlikeable.” 

And yet notice there isn’t as much sustain effort on him as there is on Larson. 

Isn't he one of the most hated working actors in Hollywood right now?

14 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Ask to stop this shit or let it go so we get more pages.

Decisions. Decisions.

Personally I’m now morbidly curious about Chicago’s love life. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chicago said:

It's hard to take you seriously when overseas, F9 will end up grossing more than both MCU movies this year combined. It trippled BW and you're trying to tell me MCU averagely is a bigger draw overseas? Sorry but no, this year is your proof.

Even with the added premier Access gross, BW's worldwide take is coming in below F9's overseas gross. 

You are also forgetting the 3D subcharge for all these marvel movies too which give its gross an added 10% at the very least. Over the past 10 years the average Fast movie has grossed 768m overseas (would be closer to 850m with 3D) compared to MCU's 725 (with 3D). The odds of the next fast movies grossing more overseas than the next MCU movie is high. A betting agency would have an average Fast movie as an overseas favourite to an average MCU movie.  Even your examples, CM, FFH and IM 3 all sold less tickets overseas than the average fast movie this last 10 years. 

So I have to disagree, the performances don't really support your claim

Average does not matter since the MCU releases a lot more movies. As I said if you compare the biggest movies to the biggest movies, Furious does not fare so well. EG > F7, IW > F8, and don't tell me that F9 would have come anywhere close to TA or AOU overseas with that huge China drop. There was a time in 2015-17 where Furious was the top dog overseas but not anymore. Frankly with the way F9 dropped I won't be surprised if Jurassic has surpassed Fast overseas by now, we will see how Dominion does.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

Isn't he one of the most hated working actors in Hollywood right now?

IDK about that but personally I am totally cool with him taking an arrow mid way through Hawkeye. The mentor always has to die anyway.  Heroic Journey. Yada yada. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

Honestly everything about this response is a big oof but like she didn't even name his name she simply said "a security guard" lmao but like this logic you have within the workspace says alot

I don’t even think it was a security guard. It was some dude working for the TSA.

Moderation

Not the Brie Larson thread.

And like @AJG said, there's no need to share those types of videos here, even if it's to make fun of them. These videos are garbage created by right-wing bigots who hide themselves under a fanboy personality and use geek media outrage and YouTube's garbage clickbait algorithms as a gateway to promote their racist and sexist rhetoric, mainly to naïve teenagers who don't know any better.

Simply put, the best kind of attention to those cretins is no attention at all.

• Like 13