Eric Atreides

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

He’s at it again

who wants to tell him it’s not a “debut” if it’s got a 2, 3, and 4 behind it. 

1 hour ago, Eric and the Ten Rings said:

You know that you guys don't have to share ERC posts every time the dude sneezes, right?

How else are we going to get to 100 pages? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cap said:

who wants to tell him it’s not a “debut” if it’s got a 2, 3, and 4 behind it. 

Well I mean technically the titles for the Avengers films don't have 2, 3 or 4 anyway. 

Edited by Jamiem

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

You just proved my point lol. Raya is doing well on streaming now that it’s free. It never had a week as big viewer wise as WW84 did (according to Neilsen). Disney didn’t release any PA numbers like they did for Black Widow and Jungle Cruise, so we know it was much lower than both. 

You’ll never know if people still watch WW84 because Neilsen don’t track HBOMax. WW84 is still the biggest film of the year on home video here in the UK. 

unlike Raya, ww84 is free out of the gate. Of course it has bigger views in its first week. And we both know no one watches or talks about ww84 any more unless it's about how trashy it is. You are only embarrassing yourself by compare these two movies.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

As someone who just liked first one and think second one was trash, didn't even bother about 3rd one, this looks bad. Let's see if full trailer can change it.

I don't think I am only one. 

I saw the teaser trailer for Matrix 4 and I didn't quite get it, b/c I thought folks already figured out the whole fantasy/reality issue...

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

7 hours ago, bladels said:

Yeah

Disney claimed Raya is the first South East Asians Princess. WTF is that even mean? I'm Vietnamese and in no universe we act like Raya. The only thing remotely Vietnamese about Raya is when Raya and Namaari calling each other “dep la”. That's vietnamese word but it sounds so strange in the movie, nobody in Vietnam use the word like that.

I'm glad the movie boombed in SE Asia.

And people in this thread can forget about the idea that casting one or two famous Chinese actor can increase movie's box office in Asia. That just seems a little insulting. 

Just want to  say "chào" from a fellow

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bladels said:

And people in this thread can forget about the idea that casting one or two famous Chinese actor can increase movie's box office in Asia. That just seems a little insulting

I missed this, but like casting actual local actor may be of some benefit but if you think Dev Patel movie gonna do well in India just because he is Indian, that's laughable.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Matrix 4 teaser...

Full trailer comes out this Thursday.

So is Neo a John Wick variant or is it the other way around? Frankly I'm matrixed out after the Zion orgy almost 20 years ago and I don't have any interest in revisiting this concept ever again. 

I think Shang Chi can hit $250M, on higher end $270M.

That would give Disney $150-160M.

INT I think $185M in current markets, and if NSW & VIC open in time, possibly $200M. Some late additions like Malaysia, remaining India, etc can add $5-15M since its not on digital for another 45 days. 

Still at bare minimum $185M, Disney gets $85-90M. On high end $105M.

The release and marketing gonna cost roughly $80-100M. 

Will recover or almost recover budget and marketing from box office earning alone. A true bonafide HIT.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think Shang Chi can hit $250M, on higher end $270M.

That would give Disney $150-160M.

INT I think $185M in current markets, and if NSW & VIC open in time, possibly $200M. Some late additions like Malaysia, remaining India, etc can add $5-15M since its not on digital for another 45 days. 

Still at bare minimum $185M, Disney gets $85-90M. On high end $105M.

The release and marketing gonna cost roughly $80-100M. 

Will recover or almost recover budget and marketing from box office earning alone. A true bonafide HIT.

I'm hoping it has legs similar to Free Guy both DOM and INT probably won't be quite that strong due to a higher opening but somewhere around that. 

Just now, Menor said:

I mean there are a couple of other posts below agreeing with him...

Personally the tease doesn't do much for me but I will wait for the real trailer to say anything more. 

There is one other post agreeing with him. My point is that the reception to the trailer has in general been pretty positive.

4 minutes ago, bladels said:

Hello there fellow Vietnamese

Chào người anh em 😄

How is your situation currently? Many family in Vietnam under current lockdowns...keep tracking the numbers and number of new cases just can't seem to flatten.

Also, I think the Matrix teaser looks really cool so far and I'm not a huge fan of the 2nd/3rd films.

Edited by MrPink