Eric Atreides

SHANG-CHI WEEKEND THREAD | NO SPOILERS | 75.38M 3-Day, 94.67M 4-Day. Record for Labor Day! | Tony Leung saved the theater! | Get Vaccinated and Wear a mask.

33 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I think you're the only one who thinks this looks bad.

Judging by the fact that I have 3 upvotes on a weekdays night and the 3 immediate reaction says its bad, I am not only one.

No offence but you are more in line with the film twitter views, I am more in line with what general audience thinks. 

Edit: and there is nothing wrong about it, in fact better. film twitter is just ahead in time. my personal taste is more in line with that but business is different. @lorddemaxus

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I'm not a major fan of The Matrix but the trailer looks cool. I think the New Nightmare postmodern approach is cool and can reclaim the appropriation of "red-pill" to tell story of individualism. 

Also, if you're a fan of movies in general, shouldn't a gigantic megabudget studio sequel like this interest you? Don't you want something wacky and awe-inspiring?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

No offence but you are more in line with the film twitter views, I am more in line with what general audience thinks. 

No offence but you're not. And there's one person who is just indifferent to the trailer. And it's not even just a trailer too. Post the whole website: https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/uk/

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah my personal taste don't, but my business sense do, a lot. Not perfectly but a lot.

Well, we're talking about personal tastes here. The trailer so far on the internet has been well-received outside of just film twitter. For some reason whenever something you don't seem to like is well-received, you just point to film twitter as if they rule all movie-related discourse on the internet or something.

15 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I'm not a major fan of The Matrix but the trailer looks cool. I think the New Nightmare postmodern approach is cool and can reclaim the appropriation of "red-pill" to tell story of individualism. 

Also, if you're a fan of movies in general, shouldn't a gigantic megabudget studio sequel like this interest you? Don't you want something wacky and awe-inspiring?

It doesn't look that wacky to me. Just looks like the same stuff we have seen from this series previously.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, MrPink said:

How is your situation currently? Many family in Vietnam under current lockdowns...keep tracking the numbers and number of new cases just can't seem to flatten

Its weird. Last year and earlier this year it was like there is no pandemic in SEA and now they just can't seem to get it controlled.

I expect Matrix 4 to be on level of the sequels for better or worse, but at least we’ll get some good action scenes.

(the fact Keanu came back when he didn’t need to gives me some hope that maybe he sees something worth doing? Call it fool’s hope.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

The plot being very meta is really intriguing and Wachowski coming off Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Ascending makes me believe, she won't make the same old again

For me meta can go more bad than good, though that descriptor itself could mean a variety of things, but it immediately made me think of some of the meta stuff in TLJ which I hated (thought it was a complete misrepresentation of previous films). 

3 minutes ago, Legion of the Ten Crores said:

Lost my thread crown 😔

Only 3 posts down. You know what to do. 

• Like 1