Eric Duncan

Weekday Numbers (9/7-9) | Shang-Chi 6.62M Tuesday

On 9/9/2021 at 6:37 AM, Ryaner90 said:

This movie will have a big second weekend drop. The people who want to see it have seen it, the reaction has been good but it isn't enough to draw more people to go see it.

The rest of Disney's slate for the year will go hybrid release, bar maybe West Side Story

Disney announces it will have theatrical exclusivity for their remaining 2021 films, under both Disney and 20th Century Studios banners.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Menor said:

Weekdays seem to indicate normal MCU legs rather than a breakout. Still I am good with it  as long as it doesn't crash like BW.

indeed, though not being in summer it would be hard for me to imagine this doing that much better in terms of weekdays

Even lower again from Forbes earlier. Are they not getting accurate info and posting guesses?

Its not too bad but the weekdays haven’t been that impressive unfortunately. Hopefully it has some good weekend dumps. Maybe it’s not breaking out with strong WOM like I thought.

44 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

8.6M (+120%)

12.9M (+50%)

8.1M (-37%)

29.6M Weekend, 61% drop

Maybe this will make them see the light and reverse course on their theatrical exclusivity 2021 deal. Especially Encanto. Madness.

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They're fine coming off a $75m w/e but I don't see how it's going to hit the target that's been tossed around -  $260m+ (and pass TWS) with them

Getting passed that 200m domestic mark is probably a good target from now on for this film.

It’s probably the combination of the pandemic and MCU becoming that bit more front loaded.

Edited by exomassey

2 minutes ago, exomassey said:

Even lower again from Forbes earlier. Are they not getting accurate info and posting guesses?

Its not too bad but the weekdays haven’t been that impressive unfortunately. Hopefully it has some good weekend dumps. Maybe it’s not breaking out with strong WOM like I thought.

its not summer..so of course its dailies wouldnt be impressive

2 minutes ago, CJ Sarandos said:

Maybe this will make them see the light and reverse course on their theatrical exclusivity 2021 deal. Especially Encanto. Madness.

doubt it even in the worst case scenario it will still pass black widow.....and break even probably from theaters only