Valonqar

Dune OS Thread: DESERT POWER 400.2M WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (292.3M OS)

• Founder / Operator
2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

These are around +0.3M from their initial estimates. There's another $0.7M they increased, so probably that gotta be CIS markets, because smaller markets can't possible increase that much.

Cume Cume
Territory LC USD
Russia RBL 564.1m $7.8m
France €6.3m $7.5m
Germany €4.4m $5.2m
Italy €2.2m $2.5m
Spain €2.1m $2.4m
Holland €1.2m $1.4m
Ukraine UAH 34.0m $1.3m
Taiwan NT$ 34.8m $1.3m
Denmark DKK 7.2m $1.1m
Norway NOK 9.3m $1.1m
Sweden SKR 9.1m $1.0m
Hong Kong HK$ 8.2m $1.0m
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

Italy

€281k on Tuesday.

€308k Wednesday, Dune has been going up and up since Monday and wednesday number is only 27% lower than the opening day of €419k. I am hoping some near flat 2nd weekend hold given that the gain from weekdays to weekend generally are stronger in the later run,

• Like 3

Not only opened very well but seems like it´s going to have good legs too.

Yeah, i´m fully on +250M OS board, maybe closer to 300M if we have some surprises like Japan and Korea, to me it was obvious since day one this isn´t another BR2049 but still, good to see the numbers.

If it wasn´t for HBO Max i would bet easily on +125M domestic but oh well, it is what it is.

I saw this yesterday; as usually when some release targets older audiences, there's much less pressure on the weekend. The show on the biggest screen was a virtual sellout, my show (in 2D) was about 30%. Keep in mind that "sellout" means about 75% of a usual sellout situation with current restrictions, but still, these are some massive weekdays. Without 007 taking all those screens soon, this would have every chance to become a slowburn blockbuster.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

I saw this yesterday; as usually when some release targets older audiences, there's much less pressure on the weekend. The show on the biggest screen was a virtual sellout, my show (in 2D) was about 30%. Keep in mind that "sellout" means about 75% of a usual sellout situation with current restrictions, but still, these are some massive weekdays. Without 007 taking all those screens soon, this would have every chance to become a slowburn blockbuster.

Shit, how badly do we expect Bond to hurt it? I was hoping for 100M by Oct 1 when more countries open.

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Shit, how badly do we expect Bond to hurt it? I was hoping for 100M by Oct 1 when more countries open.

Yeah, I was wondering this too. I feel like both should be able to coexist, but idk. I think $100 mil by October 1st is still a pretty probable goal.

Edited by lorddemaxus

well, Dune is a movie for the big screen (and the big subwoofers) ... and most of those will go to Bond in 7 days. And not only does Bond take those screens, but it's also targeting a similar demo. I ecpect drops in the 60-70% range ...

that being said, I thought it was an excellent adaption of the book (and a good movie on its own) and should have good to excellent WOM everywhere; I have high hopes that we'll see the sequel in theaters now that the potential is visible.

14 minutes ago, IndustriousAngel said:

I ecpect drops in the 60-70% range ...

That are like China drops. Without looking at any historical data, my gut feeling is, that's a bit high. I might be completely wrong but i would say around 55%.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1