Valonqar

Dune OS Thread: DESERT POWER 400.2M WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (292.3M OS)

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

It should do much better than BR2049 in China. The cast is very attractive for local hollywood targeted audience. Even if it come later than HBO Max debut, I think it still would top 2049.

Is it still waiting approval from the government?

On 9/17/2021 at 5:03 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

Nordics are very rich and expensive region. Looking up minimum wage is DKK110 i.e. $17.5 while a Average movie ticket is around DKK100-140 depending on what sort of movie.

As an example. If you`re a 18 year old student and help at a restaurant or a movie theater you get

22-25$ pr hour

12,5% on top of that for when you want to take a day of or take a vacation

5-10% pension

When you`re sick you get full salery

So as a imployer you pay around 30$ in total for a person in student jobs. Now you all know why its so expensive here

• Like 1

German/Austrian numbers seem to be the second highest since the pandemic

Not Silly 9 number but close..

A sequel will happen I hope and I have tickets for tomorrows 14:00 IMAX OV showing.

I hope I get up in time  :D

Edited by chaos
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

€659k in Italy on Saturday.

This is around +40% from first Saturday for Tenet and Black Widow. And so the biggest pandemic era saturday.

What's interesting this movie has also the green pass rules so you can go at the cinema only if you are vaccinated (double doses). 23.5% of the population still doesn't have it, this percentage of course became bigger and bigger if we count under 65 people, under 40, unnder 30 and so on.

Edited by vale900

2 minutes ago, vale900 said:

This is around +40% from first Saturday for Tenet and Black Widow. And so the biggest pandemic era saturday.

What's interesting this movie has also the green pass rules so you can go at the cinema only if you have vaccinated (double doses). 25% of the population still doesn't have it, this percentage of course became bigger and bigger if we count under 65 people, under 40, unnder 30 and so on.

I don't think green pass rules is a huge negative factor here on the net basis, and you are ignoring the possibility that there are crowd that see cinema as a safer place now and drop their guard. So the net effect should be quite neutral.   

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I don't think green pass rules is a huge negative factor here on the net basis, and you are ignoring the possibility that there are crowd that see cinema as a safer place now and drop their guard. So the net effect should be quite neutral.   

this is a point too but i have two friends still not full vaccinated and they didn't come to the theaters because of that, they come to see Tenet. In some regions the percentage of people not full vaccinated under 30 is like at around 40% (!). How can this not be a very impactful factor.  The 35% of kids 12-19 (national percentage) is not vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, vale900 said:

I don't know. Maybe the over the estimations success in the rest of Europe can push it there 

I mean now it is set for day and date with US right, which means also against piracy (HBO max). Sometimes I really don’t know what WB is thinking…

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This movie's pretty much dead on arrival in the US thanks to HBO Max. Dune is neither a family movie nor a popular IP, so most Americans will just stream it. Not worth the risk for them.

After the numbers in Europe why are you people still so negative? I guarantee to you 90% of people going to watch this movie in Europe in this weekend didn't read the book.

My brother saw this yesterday with 2 friends on Imax 3d and he said to me the movie was so good and spectacular and similar to Star Wars but after the movie he discovered the book is from 1965. He didn't knew it was a book at all lol. And now he wants to read the book.

Speaking of this the book is right now #2 on Amazon here in Italy. In some way this means people want more of this story .. I guess. So the movie makes his job. 

Edited by vale900
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1