Valonqar

Dune OS Thread: DESERT POWER 400.2M WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (292.3M OS)

Absolutely floptastic ;) stats from Russia courtesy of @johnfalkon in Russian Boxoffice thread:

https://www.kinobusiness.com/news/kassa-uik-enda-16-19-sentyabrya-2021-goda-onlayn/

Biggest September weekend ever

September 16-19

1. Dune - 564.14 mil rub or 7.78 mil $ in 4 days

Biggest Hollywood opening since Frozen 2

Second biggest September opening after It: Chapter Two

2X times bigger than Blade Runner 2049

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wotad said:

Reading the last few pages.. people are doing anything they can do downplay these numbers. 

Nah, I am just refuse to be easily pleased, just like whatever I did and demand in the daily lives. Comparing Dune with BR2049 is a reasonable comparison but an unambitious one. BR2049 number is even lower than Maze Runner series and just isn't the number we should dream of to kick off whole new franchise.  

I am looking this closer to tenet. Any number within tenet range is the standard range and 400m and above is the threshold is I would call impressive. At least, the total disaster seem to be gone by now.

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

. Comparing Dune with BR2049 is a reasonable comparison but an unambitious one.

Was Dune opening being OK (with thursday being good even) but killed by bad legs only a domestic affair ?

Imagine if this start significantly above $13M after it's first friday domestic... would that be bad ? That would be Jungle Cruise start.

13 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Was Dune opening being OK (with thursday being good even) but killed by bad legs only a domestic affair ?

Imagine if this start significantly above $13M after it's first friday domestic... would that be bad ? That would be Jungle Cruise start.

Similar like SJ2, I feel pretty good for that 13m but that feel good moment quickly gone in the subsequent days and turns out like another standard box office run.

The box office run that truly wow me since reopening are SC, FG and F9, most of the rest are just business as usual.

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Am interested how Korea and Japan respond to this than China. 

I currently have it at

Europe & MEA - $160M (BR2049 $107M)
LATAM - $20M (BR2049 $13M)

East Asia - $27-42M (JP $15-25M, SK $5-10M, TW&HK $7M) (BR2049 $16M)

China - $20-40M ($11M)

SEA & Pacific - $18M ($18M)

Total - $245-280M

Are you playing it safe with China? have presales started yet. 

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Nah, I am just refuse to be easily pleased, just like whatever I did and demand in the daily lives. Comparing Dune with BR2049 is a reasonable comparison but an unambitious one. BR2049 number is even lower than Maze Runner series and just isn't the number we should dream of to kick off whole new franchise.  

I am looking this closer to tenet. Any number within tenet range is the standard range and 400m and above is the threshold is I would call impressive. At least, the total disaster seem to be gone by now.

BR2049 released in a much better worldwide situation...