Valonqar

Dune OS Thread: DESERT POWER 400.2M WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (292.3M OS)

BR2049's lifetime gross in China is 11.6M according to Mojo. So lets say Dune opens with 25M, that's already over twice as much so kiss Dune Under BR2049 Flop predictions goodbye. 

And that number is also bigger than what people expected for lifetime total. So lets say WOM is terrible and multi is only 1.5. That gives Dune 37.5M total which is more than 10-20M that people cautiously expected from China. 

ill-take-it-phone.gif

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

BR2049's lifetime gross in China is 11.6M according to Mojo. So lets say Dune opens with 25M, that's already over twice as much so kiss Dune Under BR2049 Flop predictions goodbye. 

And that number is also bigger than what people expected for lifetime total. So lets say WOM is terrible and multi is only 1.5. That gives Dune 37.5M total which is more than 10-20M that people cautiously expected from China. 

ill-take-it-phone.gif

In Douban, Dune ratings are lower than Blade Runner 2049 even if it open big, it can not leg here. Also, NTTD is also arriving in next weekend.

I think it will do good numbers overall on new countries. My only concern is US, doesn't seem it will be bad numbers but i was praying for a mini breakout (40M) and presales aren't catching up there.

Still, i really don't see it missing 300M, despite HBO Max, pandemic, leaks etc.

4 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

In Douban, Dune ratings are lower than Blade Runner 2049 even if it open big, it can not leg here. Also, NTTD is also arriving in next weekend.

No worries. If it opens bigger and ends bigger than I'll take it even with TFA legs which were baaaaaad ha ha.

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

No worries. If it opens bigger and ends bigger than I'll take it even with TFA legs which were baaaaaad ha ha.

TFA actually had okay legs in China with almost a 2.4x multiplier. It was TLJ that had bad legs with only 1.5x multiplier. 

Yesterday was $10M max on China. Now the rating and score because the first one fall.

Don't know where all the bad things for this movie come. Right now is opening well in all markets ( ones more than others) and has better presales domestic that HK.

3 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

TFA actually had okay legs in China with almost a 2.4x multiplier. It was TLJ that had bad legs with only 1.5x multiplier. 

Ah, OK. I thought TFA had bad ones too because there were reports about people nodding off and complaints that fights looked like cheap TV dramas, ugly cast, etc. 

7 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Legs here can never be determined well. Every thing just depends on WOM

I am not acting as over-confident but I have got my major setback with DC3 (OW = $400M, but WK2 = $45M) when I was expecting $1000M but it landed with 5.3 ratings in Douban. Ending with only $700M

Edited by Issac Newton