Valonqar

Dune OS Thread: DESERT POWER 400.2M WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (292.3M OS)

As i said this movie was very awaited by some fans in the first day but not in that kind of frontloaded of famous movie franchises or sequels especially for kids and a young audience.  So it still has a room to grow and seeing my theaters maybe today in Italy should be the same.

And well not only because of its target but I guess at this point the word of mouth is impacting too. 

Edited by vale900

19 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Waaa? 20EUR for a movie ticket? Is every screen in Denmark an IMAX screen? 

No no. A regular screen for a movie thats over 2,5 hours long are around 20 EURO.

IMAX is more

42 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

That's crazy expensive but perhaps Danish economy is that strong so that's affordable?

Nordics are very rich and expensive region. Looking up minimum wage is DKK110 i.e. $17.5 while a Average movie ticket is around DKK100-140 depending on what sort of movie.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

18 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

From @johnfalkon

Thursday number. So was 1.55M overestimation or includes previews?

@ScareLol has presales numbers for Spain (opens today):

This result is Russia only.

Unfortunately, the official results of the Warner Bros films are always only for Russia and Belarus.

Edited by johnfalkon

https://deadline.com/2021/09/dune-opening-weekend-warner-bros-international-box-office-1234838181/

Friday Update: What the House of Atreides lacks in spice, they’re making up for at the foreign box office with sheer American dollars during the pandemic. Deadline has learned that the Legendary-Warner Bros. sci-fi epic has risen to $8.4M through its first two days at the overseas box office from 17 markets. On Thursday alone, Dune collected $4.9M.

Of note for Dune: The ensemble feature gave Russia its best opening day of the year with $1.4M while Italy, hot off the pic’s premiere in Venice where it received a seven-minute standing ovation, earned $500K; the third biggest opening day of the year.

Also going to Warner Bros. coffers is $680K in Germany thanks to Dune, and with previews counts $1.4M.

• Like 4

424k second day in Italy. Bigger than the big first day. It should be the biggest friday in pandemic!

The growth is even bigger cause the first day numbers including previews. They weren't big like in germany or france but in only 5 Imax screen but my estimates was at around 20K euros. So it got a +7-8% from the first day.

It shoud easily beat the record for the biggest pandemic OW with 2-3-2.4 M.

But at this point who knows, pre sales for today seem really big. Let's see if it can go near to 3M 😄

Edited by vale900
  • Like 4

Thinking $35-36M weekend, and probably $110-120M closing. In comparison BR2049 opened $24.5M and closed $74M.

Probably $25M in UK. BR 2049 did $57M in rest of world and $11M in China. Dune may be try $60-80M in rest of world. China will be something to watch out.

So $195-225M OS-C. 

• Like 9

This is gonna have a better multiplier than BD 2049. I think the estimation for Europe (without the united Kingdom) is too conservative. With an even not out of this word word of mouth (but just it's good and you have to watch it on a screen)  150M are a safe goal. 

Edited by vale900