Valonqar

Dune OS Thread: DESERT POWER 400.2M WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (292.3M OS)

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

As per BOM, Dune made 600K WW between now and Jan 10 (previous amount change). So 2.4M to 400M WW. I'm sure WB will dig up the difference from under-reported markets. 

Nice. I think it added something also in Usa, but less than 100k 

On 1/18/2022 at 7:48 PM, Valonqar said:

As per BOM, Dune made 600K WW between now and Jan 10 (previous amount change). So 2.4M to 400M WW. I'm sure WB will dig up the difference from under-reported markets. 

I'm new here and don't know how mojo for instance exactly works.
But seemingly it did not update the Germany gross since end of november (similar with other european markets). Maybe because Dune fell out of top 10 (or 20?) at some point. And maybe there is some "rest of the world" subitem or something like that.

Even for recent releases like Australia numbers reported from Australian box office directly seem to be higher than at mojo. But as I said - I'm a noob and may have overlooked something.

While numbers from this point onwards definitely not were huge in Germany, the movie is still around in major cities (despite the start dating back to mid september). When I've watched it for the 7th time in an even not so big city last sunday, the hall was still half filled 🙂

What I've noticed every time: The audience was very focused. Not very much of the usual talk and mobile clicking along the way.

Btw, in another subthread there is an IMAX rerelaese reported for South Korea in february.

Edited by califax
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, califax said:

I'm new here and don't know how mojo for instance exactly works.
But seemingly it did not update the Germany gross since end of november (similar with other european markets). Maybe because Dune fell out of top 10 (or 20?) at some point. And maybe there is some "rest of the world" subitem or something like that.

Welcome!

Usually, the total box office number reported from sites like BOM is given directly from studios and it includes pretty much all the latest figures from around the world. So even if individual territory figures on BOM can be out of date or countries missing, the total number is pretty much up to date. Of course late in a movie's run, the total number doesn't get reported weekly anymore.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 2

On 1/20/2022 at 2:26 PM, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Much like the US, the UK is also going to receive an IMAX rerelease of Dune starting this Friday. Is $400M closer than we think?

Weird, the BFI 21-23 January weekend figures didn't report any Dune numbers.

Edited by Mr Roark

13 minutes ago, Merkel said:

The Numbers has the OS number for Dune at $291,400,000, for a worldwide total of $398,876,785.

Will it get to $400 mil?

Yes, there are some re-release in few markets, WB want $400M and they will have what they want

• Like 1