MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

6 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Man, Damon & RDJ both seem to enjoy working with Nolan. I hope we see them more often in his movies. That story from Damon is hilarious. "I'm taking a vacation from acting, unless Nolan calls." 

Two new members for the Nolan Summer Stock Company......

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

My main sentiment for the past year has been that however good this is it’s probably being built up as the kind of movie it isn’t, and nothing’s really changed my mind about that. Part of it’s been the marketing, which is a dangerous game to play if that’s what they’ve done, and the other part is barbenheimer, which was obviously beyond their control. 

If it’s another Prestige I’ll be very happy, but I don’t think everyone will be. 

I think the marketing have been strighforward about what kind of a movie this is..a serious drama with not much in the way of spectacle or "action"....but the fanboys just cannot get their heads around Nolan making that kind of a three hour movie.

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

It's a good question and we'll see how it goes. The movie is based on a 700+ page book, so I guess it's hard to make a short movie out of that. 

The great producer David O. Selznick, when questioned about the great length of Gone With The Wind, said a movie can be too long a 80 minutes, and too short at three hours. That still holds true.

• Like 3

Seeing Downey go full hype-man mode for this rocks so hard, haha. His long-form interview stuff is always great, he seems like a really eloquent guy, so he was just a lot of fun this whole press tour

• Like 4

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Nolan is a Gen-Xer. His fanbase is primarily Millennials & Gen-Xer's. It's kind of weird that the subject matter for two of his recent movies would appear to be more targeted at the Boomers and even older than them. 

I know a lot of people obviously watch Nolan's movies based on whether the subject matter interests them, but my experience with Nolan is that he has a dedicated fanbase that would watch anything he puts out (like me). I would never have been interested in a space movie or war movies if it weren't for him. It just feels weird when people think marketing at only boomers is sufficient because of the subject material, when people like me (millennials) grew up watching TDK trilogy, Interstellar and Inception. Maybe me and the people I know are the odd ones out but honestly none of us really watch TV anymore, except to project streaming material on the screen.

• Like 2

I said more on instagram, but briefly here: oppenheimer has impeccable technique, the sound mix is awesome (I don’t know if watching it outside of imax I would have the same experience) but I found it dragging, the third act long and confusing and, honestly , I didn’t care much about

\First impressions of #Oppenheimer : Impactful, immersive, thorough. Nolan is back and with what he does best: a narrative that demands the viewer’s full attention. If you achieve this feat, your reward is 3 hours of an audiovisual and sensory experience, along with a known but unexpected ending. Just watch this beauty in the movies!

seems like from the critic reviewer

france 80% like it 10% mixed 10% dislike it

brazil 40% like it 30% mixed 30% dislike it

seems like good legs in western country, bad legs in latam and still waiting for asian reaction probably same as latam, hopefully a bit better. 

Just now, rayjulio said:

seems like from the critic reviewer

france 80% like it 10% mixed 10% dislike it

brazil 40% like it 30% mixed 30% dislike it

seems like good legs in western country, bad legs in latam and still waiting for asian reaction probably same as latam, hopefully a bit better. 

from my numbers about 14 brazil reactions, 11 liked it, 2 mixed and 1 disliked it 

• Heart 1