MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

7 hours ago, John Marston said:

Hell no for Nolan Star Wars but Nolan Bond why not?

I think 007 fits Nolan's sensibilities as a director a lot more then Star Wars.

The  more I think about it, the  more I think Nolan is just a bad fit for Star Wars.

Edited by dudalb

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Os4DVtz.png

Fucking whoops.

This is the place I plan to see Oppenheimer 2 weeks from now.

If this is typical of the way Regal operates, no wonder they are always on the edge of going under.

10 minutes ago, Flip said:

Maybe it’s because I didn’t see it in IMAX (saw it in 70mm), but the bomb scene didn’t really do it for me.

If all you went for is the Trinity scene, you went to the movie for the wrong reasons.

BTW, I think Nolan has made it clear he did not want a typical "eye candy" scene for the Trinity sequence.

I am not surprised. I knew some people would be dissapointed because there is not a lot of eye candy in the movie.

Edited by dudalb

15 minutes ago, Flip said:

Maybe it’s because I didn’t see it in IMAX (saw it in 70mm), but the bomb scene didn’t really do it for me.

heard this from someone else too. Not just the spectacle, either, the whole thing just feels kinda flat 

6 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Eh, there have also been a ton of notices saying it's one of the best sequences Nolan has ever done

haha of course not, actually its one of the best scene compared to every nolan movies. if you guys dont believe me just check letterboxd and twitter. many pointed that scene is the best scene. also very very accurate in terms of distance.

Edited by rayjulio

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah the bomb sequence itself was good but nothing out of the ordinary for me (though I did hear some gasps in my cinema). It's the stuff after though that I think will leave people with a big impact and it's my favourite part of the movie.

yup , the scene after the test was haunting. One of the best things Nolan has ever filmed and the transition to that with how tense the test scene was I feel works as a whole

Edited by DK000

13 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah the bomb sequence itself was good but nothing out of the ordinary for me (though I did hear some gasps in my cinema). It's the stuff after though that I think will leave people with a big impact and it's my favourite part of the movie.

I think it is clear that Nolan did not want the Trinity test sequence to be a typical big "wow" sequence; he wanted something more low key and, frankly, more frighting.