MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

https://deadline.com/2021/09/christopher-nolan-next-movie-development-of-atom-bomb-robert-oppenheimer-world-war-ii-1234829960/

Being shopped around studios, Cillian Murphy possibly tied to the project ?

Details are a bit scant at the moment on casting, but I’m hearing talk that Cillian Murphy might be involved. He collaborated with Nolan on two of The Dark Knight films, Inception as well as Dunkirk, and is in the mix. The project has the sweep of Nolan’s last historical epic Dunkirk, looking at WWII from the development of the atomic bombs that ended the war with Japan. So there will clearly be many big star parts.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I'm glad a Nolan thread is finally MINE.

Fuck you Neo, and whoever opened the Tenet/Dunkirk threads. 

As the Tenet thread opener, all I ask is for you to change his name to Papa Nolan. We both know that's what the man should trully be called

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Dual release in theatres/Peacock. 

You are joking but that will only happen over Nolan's dead body. He will have gazillion clauses in his contract for pure theatrical release with so many 15/70mm prints as well. He will also do a deal with IMAX for 3 month extended run for sure and extended theatrical run globally :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Eric and the Ten Rings said:

As the Tenet thread opener, all I ask is for you to change his name to Papa Nolan. We both know that's what the man should trully be called

Thank god you did not open this one. I blame Tenet's meh BO on you Eric :-)

Pink to the rescue. We will not be in red this time around. This movie will be explosive for sure. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Eric and the Ten Rings said:

Ok, Eric, you know I love you. I didn't mean to do you like that.

Having said that, I'm gonna leave it like this for a while until we have more details. 

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Deadline speculates Dunkirk-esque scale. So not lower budget, but lower than average for him?

It's aallriiiight, I would prefer something closer to The Prestige, but I know that's foolish to think with Nolan these days.