MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

I thought that was a pretty boring teaser for such an amazing story, to be honest. I am still excited for this because the subject matter is so fascinating, and I'm hoping Nolan can handle real events that don't really need extra drama added to them. But, yeah, kinda of a meh teaser and not really impressed with the countdown gimmick. Come on. Really? That's the most creative thing you can come up with?  Fire pretty, though? Idk. I'm sure the movie itself will be quite good. Makes me want to go watch Fat Man and Little Boy again. 

I mean... not much to go on.

It will be interesting to see Nolan handle a more straight-forward drama, and I certainly hope the dialogue is a bit better than his usual stuff. I'm sure the performances will be good, but there's only so much you can do if the script isn't great.

Still a weird release date - as much as it's become a Nolan staple, this REALLY doesn't seem like a summer movie. Even as counter-programming to the other traditional blockbusters, it seems like a bad choice. Meh...

Edited by reddevil19

Nolan really needs a big star again. This is the third consecutive movie where early promotional material has no stars involved (yeah I think nobody outside film twitter really care about Robert Pattinson). Everything we have seen until now revolves around Cillian Murphy (??)... i mean literally who. Where are the Di Caprio, Bale and Mccounaghey?.  

They should already used Damon or RDJ to get more buzz. 

Edited by vale9001

17 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Nolan really needs a big star again. This is the third consecutive movie where early promotional material has no stars involved (yeah I think nobody outside film twitter really care about Robert Pattinson). Everything we have seen until now revolves around Cillian Murphy (??)... i mean literally who. Where are the Di Caprio, Bale and Mccounaghey?.  

They should already used Damon or RDJ to get more buzz. 

I don't think there's any need to panic about having big stars in a year out teaser. The movie is about Oppenheimer, and Cillian is the lead. They can introduce the rest of the cast later. This is Nolan's most star studded cast in sometime and that'll get out in due time.  It's not like Bale was a big star when Nolan initially put him in Batman Begins either. 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

On 8/15/2022 at 2:33 PM, Eric from Progressive said:

Why is this man so extra lol

There are multiple sightings of a countdown billboard in LA too. The commitment is impressive I'll give them that.

I find it tragically hilarious and simultaneously morbid that Nolan and Universal are going to ask the world to embrace with open arms a story about the man who created the greatest destructive weapon known to humankind so far...and they are doing it with promo images of flames and nuclear oblivion.  Will the premiere be at Los Alamos?  

• Like 2