Ezen Baklattan

Y8 - THE ACADEMY AWARDS (Bronx Wins Picture, Director, and Ensemble, Last Airbender Wins 5 Awards)

The announcer introduces Lucas Hedges and Ben Platt. Hedges is there, but Platt is quite obviously legendary actor Gene Hackman.

Hackman: I'm in high school.

Hedges: It's been a long night, Ben.

Hackman: I love you, Zoe!

Hedges: Please stop. Who's writing this dialogue?

Hackman: My dad is a great producer! I loved The Trial of the Chicago 7!

Hedges: Why don't I just present Best Original Score now?

“Bright Magic” (Olive’s Hallowed Eve)

“Flightless Bird” (Flightless Bird: The Downfall of the Boeing 737 MAX)

"How to Care" (Learning to Care)

“I Don’t Hate Everything” (Olive’s Hallowed Eve)

“Suburban Santa” (Christmas Shopping)

Hedges: The Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

"BRIGHT MAGIC" (OLIVE'S HALLOWED EVE)

Bret McKenzie: Oh, thank you so much. I'll be honest, I didn't want to prepare a specific speech for either song I was nominated for, so I thought it'd be funny if I read my unused acceptance speech from a couple years ago for Olive 1. *clears throat* Well, thank you for this. I'm glad my very serious song about how a dog finds the holidays important resonated with you all. I'd like to thank everyone who worked with me on this movie, but especially my good friend Taika Waititi. We've always talked about doing a movie together and this one was a good fit for us both. Zendaya, thank you for being a lovely singer and all around a good dog. Thank you to the studio for investing a ton of money into our silly movie about a dog who really needs to get her ears cleaned. Thank you to Vivian Walsh, Matt Groening and all the people who came before us on this Olive train. I'd like to also thank Christopher Tyng and Steve Young particularly; I did not write the Tessa Thompson reindeer song, contrary to popular belief. It says my time is running out, so I'd like to also apologize to Jemaine Clement. Hannah, Vita, Leo, this movie was for all three of you and I love you very much. *gives a cockeyed smile.* I'd like to also thank for this song, (Jake Gyllenhaal, and of course, Jemaine Clement for inviting me back for the sequel. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

*Hedges storms off.*

Hackman: I know I'm not Ben Platt. I'm just trying to get inside Lucas's head. I'll present the nominees for Best Original Score.

Patrick Doyle (Sins of their Fathers)

Woody Jackson (Strangers in the Town)

Dario Marianelli (The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg)

Laurent Perez Del Mar (Everything We Miss)

Dan Romer and Behn Zeitlin (Sandboy)

Hackman: The Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

DAN ROMER AND BEHN ZEITLIN (SANDBOY)

Behn Zeitlin: Thank you so much for this award! Sandboy has been a long work of passion for me, and working with Dan is always a creative highlight, as he brings so much to my films. When it comes to music, I'm always learning more from Dan, and although we worked on this together, I want him to speak for us both.

Dan Romer: Once there was an Oscar... Working with Benh has been a highlight of my career too, if just because I can't think of another director who gets so hands-on with the score. He knows it's pivotal to the film, and it's a collaboration that always feels respectful. Composing has always been a deep love of mine, and trying to capture the childhood magic that often feels fleeting is an exercise that can be exhausting but is always worth it. I also want to thank my parents, of course! Thank you so much, this means a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Aaron Taylor Johnson and Catherine Keener come on stage.

Johnson: Film is a team sport.

Keener: If you've seen as much as we have, you know you need a good and supportive pack of thieves to stand by you.

Johnson: And that's just what these five do.

Keener: Here are the nominees for Best Ensemble.

The Bronx is Burning

The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg

Learning to Care

Olive’s Hallowed Eve

Strangers in the Town

Johnson: They did better than us, I think.

Keener: We keep that to ourselves, Aaron. The winner is...

Spoiler

THE BRONX IS BURNING

We're honored to be part of this amazing team under the direction of Martin Scorcese. Play ball!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

Here's your last preview of the night:

Spoiler

12/31/1999

23:59:00

(the clock continues to count towards midnight)

( bolded text shows up beneath the clock in flashes)

(As it does a soft electric guitar arpeggio starts to play. The closer the clock gets to midnight more instruments are introduced, pattering drums, violin and cello kick in near the end as the arrangement swells into a bombastic triumphant score)

(muffled dialogue can be heard beneath the score most of which is barely audible but there is a clear state of panic)

FROM THE DIRECTOR OF

THE DARK KNIGHT

INCEPTION

INTERSTELLAR

DUNKIRK

TENET 

LIAM HEMSWORTH

HIMESH PATEL

KARL URBAN

BRIAN TYREE HENRY 

SIENNA MILLER

CILLIAN MURPHY 

JESSE EISENBERG

ANNE HATHEWAY

(once the clock hits midnight it changes to display)

01/01/1900

00:00:00

(the music drops out now and dialogue becomes audible with each line being more and more clear)

Cillian Murphy: We were totally unprepared for this 

Jesse Eisenberg: I’ll see you in the new millennium

Anne Hatheway: I’ll see you in the new millenium 

Chrstopher Nolan

MILLENNIUM  

• Like 1
  • Astonished 3
  • Sad 1

Last year's winner of Best Actor, Tituss Burges!

Burgess: Turmoil. Hope. Rage. Euphoria. Wanderlust. Passion. Emotion is core to every performance, and the women in this category provide immeasurable range that set them apart. Here are the fabulous nominees for Best Actress.

Awkwafina (Returning From Hell)

Spoiler

She then confronts Edward with the information, after he logged off. She asks him incessantly if the girl he talked to was only 16. Edward is sweating, he is stammering, he is pale, he is scared... almost as if someone is pointing a gun at him. Sarah shouts at him with the same type of violence that he would usually throw at her. Edward finally admits that yes, she was only 16, but he refers that he was only talking to her. Sarah looks at him in absolute rage and contempt. She calls him a psychopath and leaves the room. As she leaves, Edward screams at her that if she tells someone, he'll kill her, while he cries like a baby.

Elizabeth Debicki (Holland Hannah)

Spoiler

She heads back out as the Haddaway song overtakes all other sound in the film. She goes up to Dominique, and in a state of energized ecstasy, begins to make out with him. The two dance amidst the crowd, as a swirl of neon lights and smoke begins to overtake our vision.

Olivia DeJonge (The Space Between Trees)

Spoiler

Evie walks in her house and her mom greets her without turning around while making breakfast. She asks if Evie had fun, and Evie snaps, saying didn’t, all she did was bust her lip open. Her mom quickly turns around and observes Evie’s face, saying she’ll want to put something on it so it doesn’t swell up and get infected. Evie snaps again, accusing her mom of only caring about how it looks and saying she didn’t even ask what happened. She says she could have gotten her face beaten by some guy and her mom wouldn’t even care. She storms down the hall and locks herself in her room.

Katherine Waterson (The World That We Knew)

Spoiler

[On the train from Germany to Paris.] Ava looks down at Lea, who’s crying because she isn’t sure if she’ll ever see her mother again. Ava attempts to wipe away some of Lea’s tears, but Lea swats her hand away. Ava then coldly tells Lea to stop crying because she doesn’t want her cover to be blown.

Michelle Williams (Everything I Never Told You)

Spoiler

[She just called the school; they told her Lydia isn't there.] Cut to Marilyn in a frenzy, checking rooms, closets, the garage. No Lydia. She pulls back shower curtains, kitchen cabinets, pantries, even the oven. She even looks in the refrigerator. No Lydia.

Burgess: And the Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

MICHELLE WILLIAMS (EVERYTHING I NEVER TOLD YOU)

Thank you to the Academy, and I could not have put on a great performance without the help of Daniel, Chloe, and everyone else. After a long and blessed career, I am happy to have won this generous award for a role such as this. Thank you.

• Like 3

Last year's winner of Best Director, Marielle Heller.

Heller: It's late, and I think we can afford to spare the cutesy introductions. Here are the nominees for Best Director.

Jason Bateman (World of Trouble)

Debra Granik (The Space Between Trees)

Martin Scorsese (The Bronx is Burning)

Behn Zeitlin (Sandboy)

Chloe Zhao (Everything I Never Told You)

Heller: And the Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

MARTIN SCORSESE (THE BRONX IS BURNING)

I just want a little editorial balance here. If you’re the type of person who thinks that Mr. Kevin Feige is the noblest, grandest, proudest mammal that ever hoofed the verdure of God’s green footstool, you can stop reading now. This letter is not for you. It’s intended to be read only by those men and women who understand the importance of instituting change. Without going into all the details of how that can be accomplished, let me say simply that we must overcome the fears that beset us every day of our lives. We must overcome the fear that Kevin will instigate a soul-destroying cancel culture in which even harmless utterances lead to permanent condemnation. And to overcome these fears, we must live by such noble values as honor, duty, loyalty, and courage. Through adherence to those values one can find meaning and a higher purpose in life and clarity as to why Kevin is planning to control Web content that he deems politically or morally objectionable. This does not bode well for the future because his main policy is to create widespread hysteria. Similar policies did not end particularly well in Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union, and I wouldn’t expect them to end well here, either. Kevin’s brethren have already started to render unspeakable and unthinkable whole categories of beliefs about power. The result: absolute vapidity, careless and blinkered cacophony, lack of personality, monotony, and boredom. I’ll give you an example of this, based on my own experience. As you know, Kevin likes to oraculate from on high as though he were some objective, disinterested analyst. In reality, he’s a highly biased, overbearing bloodsucker who secretly wishes to establish rack-and-thumbscrew programs. I feel this way because when uttered by him, the word global, as in global spread of Junkerism, implies, It’s not my fault. In reality, we’d undoubtedly have a lot less Junkerism if Kevin would just stop combining, in a rare mixture, bestial cruelty and an inconceivable gift for lying.

I respect Kevin’s polemics, although his suggestions rub me the wrong way. The takeaway message is simple: Kevin keeps missing my point. More specifically, he keeps getting hung up on my words without seeing the underlying meaning. For example, when I say that pragmatic adherence to concision necessitates that I delete a plethora of thoroughly unflattering adjectives regarding Kevin’s allegations, Kevin seems incapable of realizing that what I’m really getting at is that I am worried about a new physiognomy of servitude, a compliant citizenry relieved of its burdens by a compassionate Mr. Kevin Feige. It’s hard to spot the compassion when you notice that we must always tell the truth. A condition of truth is to allow suffering to speak, which is why it’s important to recognize that Dadaism has served as the justification for the butchering, torture, and enslavement of more people than any other ism. That’s why it’s Kevin’s favorite; it makes it easy for him to contaminate clear thinking with his mentally deficient traducements.

Don’t kid yourself: Kevin’s closed-minded criticisms serve always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. They agitate the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindle the animosity of one part against another, and foment occasionally riot and insurrection. As if those characteristics weren’t bad enough, Kevin’s criticisms also prevent the community from hearing that Kevin plans to orchestrate and direct the character assassination of each of his foes. He has instructed his flacks not to discuss this or even admit to his plan’s existence. Obviously, Kevin knows he has something to hide. As I remove the veil of ignorance I have lived behind, I find that you, of course, now need some hard evidence that Kevin is the hands-down, flat-out, bar-none most wild, grumpy exhibitionist I have ever seen. Well, how about this for evidence: It’s easy for us to shake our heads at his foolishness and cowardice. It’s easy for us to exclaim that we should question authority. It’s easy for us to say, Kevin is a waste product of biological evolution. The point is that it’s easy for us to say these things because it is not uncommon for Kevin to victimize the innocent, penalize the victim for making any effort to defend himself, and then paint the whole drugged-out affair as some great benefit to humanity. With this letter, I hope I have made my views crystal-clear: No matter how imperfect our efforts, no matter how expedient ignoring our values may seem, we must take advantage of a rare opportunity to counteract the subtle but pervasive social message that says that drug money is being used to pay for the construction of huge underground cities intended to house both humans and space aliens who serve a secret, transnational shadow government.

• ...wtf 4
  • Not Cool 1

Goldshifteh Farahani arrives.

Farahani: Before furry twitter gets a hold of me, I'm proud to honor the five men who gave exceptional, vulnerable performances that rocked our screens this year. Here are the nominees for Best Actor.

Bobby Cannavale (The Bronx is Burning)

Spoiler

Reggie gets called into Martin’s office for a meeting, the first real face-to-face they’ve had since the June blowup. Reggie, not lacking for confidence, tells Martin that it seems to him that with him batting cleanup the team’s finally playing as well as it should. Martin retorts that a team plays well when the players play for the team, not only for themselves. “You might make headlines and get awards and score runs, but it means shit if the team goes home with nothing.” Martin says he wasn’t a good ballplayer when he played, “the stars ran rings around me. But I hustled, I gave it my all, and left everything on the field. So yeah, my statline was about as impressive as a fucking little leaguer, but I got their respect. You want to not be miserable here for the next several years? Get your teammates’ respect.” Reggie, looking thoughtful, genuinely says he’ll try to do that.

Reggie then asks why Martin called him in here in the first place and Martin rolls a baseball across the desk to Reggie. “For my son” he says. Reggie turns on the biggest grin as he pulls out a pen and Martin says “You say one god-damned thing Jackson I will knock all your fucking teeth out right here right now.” Reggie says nothing, but keeps grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

Alden Ehrenreich (World of Trouble)

Spoiler

The three sit around a campfire, drinking beer as Billy and Sandy share some of their personal story, being people who grew up around Rotary, lost touch after high school, then reconnected when things started going to shit. Hank asks them some questions about the police station, though neither of them know much, Billy joking that all of his legal trouble was out of state. Hank then asks if they might know where he could find machine tools, or if someone still does construction work and after a little thinking, Sandy says she still thinks the “Amish guy” is around. Billy adds that growing up there was this big extended Amish family maybe twenty miles outside town. The patriarch did a lot of work building stone walls, paving, concrete work. When things started getting bad the guy would go around trading work for other supplies, but they haven’t seen him in a little while. Hank gets directions to the guy’s place.

After a little more chatting, Hank thanks them for the information and gets up to go. Sandy grabs his arm and asks him to stay a little while longer. It’s been so long since her and Billy have had an actual conversation with someone else. “There’s not much time left to have one of those.” Both her and Billy look very hopeful. Hank looks conflicted, but finally shakes his head and says sorry, he has to go.

Michael B. Jordan (The Bronx is Burning)

Spoiler

Reggie, after having a couple drinks, talks freely about his feelings. He says that “this team, it all flows from me. I’m the straw that stirs the drink. It all comes back to me.” At a couple points he puts down Munson’s stature in the team, saying that Munson doesn’t have the presence to intimidate the other team, and that once he has the city eating out of the palm his hand, Munson won’t be able to stand it. As Reggie winds down, the writer, looking like a kid on Christmas, asks Reggie if he’s sure he wants all of this printed. Reggie smacks the table with a palm and says without question.

Nick Robinson (Learning to Care)

Spoiler

Chloe and Rob talk briefly, as it turns out they will be working together as counselor and assistant this summer. They are both actually looking forward to it, remembering their STEM club turning out better than expected. Moreover though, Rob asks first if Chloe is happy with him, and Chloe reassures him, Rob is honestly one of the top three options for assistants, considering most of the workers in summer are, well, summer-only workers.

Daniel Wu (Everything I Never Told You)

Spoiler

James walks in and tells him he’s wasting energy. He closes the fridge, apologizing, saying he didn’t expect him. James responds angrily to that comment. Nath sniffs the air and asks James if the perfume smell is from his “meetings”—Nath’s onto the truth.

James: Don’t question me. You have no right to question me. You know nothing of my life. Just like you knew nothing of your sister’s.

Farahani: And the Oscar goes to...

Spoiler

BOBBY CANNAVALE (THE BRONX IS BURNING)

I'm deeply humbled to be here, and I thank those who nominated me. However, I truly have to thank Michael, a true friend and peer I'm proud to have worked with. Actually, come up on stage, buddy. This award is for both of us. I can't do this alone! *He comes up to cheering and hugging! Awwwww!!!*

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

Hemsworth: So...where were we all night?

Evans: Not even a bit?

Pine: Which of us is the best Chris?

Another voice: I am!

It's Chris Rock! He walks out holding a golden envelope to massive cheers. He does a bit of standup.

Rock: We've seen a lot happen tonight, just as we've seen a LOT of good stuff at the theater this year, so let's not delay any further. Here are the nominees for Best Picture.

THE BRONX IS BURNING

EVERYTHING I NEVER TOLD YOU

LEARNING TO CARE

SANDBOY

WORLD OF TROUBLE

Rock: And the Y8 winner of Best Picture is...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

THE BRONX IS BURNING!

Thank you for this incredible honor, we are proud of every single person who did everything from working on this film to paying to see it in a theater. It's a story that latches on to something deeply human, one that we were proud to see through til the very end. Have a good night and a safe trip home.

• Like 3

Winner Tallies:

Spoiler

BEST PICTURE  
The Bronx is Burning 39
Everything I Never Told You 28
Learning to Care 28
Sandboy 22
World of Trouble 34

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE  
Everything We Miss 26
Funny Business 15
The Un-title-able Squirrel-Girl Sequel 19

BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE  
Eminem-esque 17
Flightless Bird: The Downfall of the Boeing 737 MAX 35
Out of Order: The Decline of the Arcade 14
The Idiots 28
The War Between Ants 26

BEST DIRECTOR  
Jason Bateman (World of Trouble) 24
Debra Granik (The Space Between Trees) 23
Martin Scorsese (The Bronx is Burning) 45
Behn Zeitlin (Sandboy) 32
Chloe Zhao (Everything I Never Told You) 26

BEST ENSEMBLE  
The Bronx is Burning 41
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 25
Learning to Care 28
Olive’s Hallowed Eve 29
Strangers in the Town 27

BEST ACTOR  
Bobby Cannavale (The Bronx is Burning) 39
Alden Ehrenreich (World of Trouble) 26
Michael B. Jordan (The Bronx is Burning) 39
Nick Robinson (Learning to Care) 20
Daniel Wu (Everything I Never Told You) 26
NOTE: Cannavale and Jordan tied, getting the same number of votes as well as the same number of #1 votes. However, Cannavale recieved ONE more second place vote, earning him the win.  
BEST ACTRESS  
Awkwafina (Returning from Hell) 23
Elizabeth Debicki (Holland Hannah) 27
Olivia DeJonge (The Space Between Trees) 31
Katherine Waterson (The World That We Knew) 25
Michelle Williams (Everything I Never Told You) 44

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR  
Jemaine Clement (Olive’s Hallowed Eve) 27
Bryan Cranston (New Tricks) 25
Wyatt Russell (The Bronx is Burning) 32
Jimmy Tatro (Learning to Care) 41
Chow Yun-Fat (The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg) 25

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS  
Olivia Colman (Sins of their Fathers) 29
Kaitlyn Dever (World of Trouble) 26
Brigette Lundy-Paine (Learning to Care) 39
Diana Silvers (The Space Between Trees) 34
Tilda Swinton (Wii Fit) 22

BEST VOICE ACTOR/ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE  
Sean Giambrone (New Tricks) 23
Anna Kendrick (The Un-title-able Squirrel-Girl Sequel) 18
George MacKay (Everything We Miss) 30
Raven Symone (Up in the Sky) 24
Zendaya (Olive’s Hallowed Eve) 40

BEST VOICE ACTOR/ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE  
Dee Bradley Baker (Mighty Fall) 25
Giancarlo Esposito (Mass Effect: Revelation) 24
James McAvoy (Everything We Miss) 28
Imogen Poots (Everything We Miss) 30
Shahadi Wright-Joseph (Olive’s Hallowed Eve) 28

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY  
Holland Hannah 21
Learning to Care 44
Sandboy 31
Strangers in the Town 31
Sins of their Fathers 23

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY  
The Bronx is Burning 41
Everything I Never Told You 29
Everything We Miss 24
The Space Between Trees 23
World of Trouble 33

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE  
Patrick Doyle (Sins of their Fathers) 26
Woody Jackson (Strangers in the Town) 26
Dario Marianelli (The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg) 35
Laurent Perez Del Mar (Everything We Miss) 27
Dan Romer and Behn Zeitlin (Sandboy) 36

BEST ORIGINAL SONG  
“Bright Magic” (Olive’s Hallowed Eve) 38
“Flightless Bird” (Flightless Bird: The Downfall of the Boeing 737 MAX) 22
"How to Care" (Learning to Care) 31
“I Don’t Hate Everything” (Olive’s Hallowed Eve) 24
“Suburban Santa” (Christmas Shopping) 20

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY  
The Bronx is Burning 24
Everything I Never Told You 31
Floodbath 34
Holland Hannah 43
Sandboy 46
The Space Between Trees 32

BEST FILM EDITING  
The Bronx is Burning 38
Everything I Never Told You 31
Holland Hannah 32
Learning to Care 23
World of Trouble 26

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN  
The Bronx is Burning 25
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 45
The Lost Empire 29
Strangers in the Town 26
The World That We Knew 25

BEST COSTUME DESIGN  
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 37
The Lost Empire 23
Olive’s Hollowed Eve 27
Strangers in the Town 28
The World That We Knew 20

BEST MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING  
Heartman 34
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 40
The Lost Empire 24
Mass Effect: Revelation 27
Olive's Hallowed Eve 25

BEST SOUND MIXING  
Holland Hannah 39
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 32
Mass Effect: Revelation 22
Sins of their Fathers 27
Sandboy 30

BEST SOUND EDITING  
Holland Hannah 39
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 33
Mass Effect: Revelation 23
Mighty Fall 27
Sins of their Fathers 28

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS  
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 39
Mass Effect: Revelation 24
Mighty Fall 28
Sandboy 29
Up in the Sky 30

BEST USE OF ACTION  
Castaways 25
Far Cry 30
Holland Hannah 30
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 39
Mass Effect: Revelation 26

Nominee Tallies:

Spoiler
BEST PICTURE Total
The Bronx is Burning 7
Everything I Never Told You 7
Everything We Miss 4
World of Trouble 7
Sandboy 5
Learning to Care 6
Strangers in the Town 3
Holland Hannah 1
The World That We Knew 3
Olive's Hallowed Eve 1
Sins of their Fathers 1
The Space Between Trees 1
Flightless Bird: The Downfall of the Boeing 737 MAX 4

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE Total
Everything We Miss 9
Animal Crossing 3
Frankenstein Jr. 3
Funny Business 4
The Insect God 3
The Untitleable Squirrel-Girl Sequel 4
Walking with Dinosaurs: The Cinematic Experience 1

BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE Total
Doc Dreams 4
Eminem-esque 6
Flightless Bird: The Downfall of the Boeing 737 MAX 8
Out of Order: The Decline of the Arcade 7
The War Between Ants 8
Walking with Dinosaurs: The Cinematic Experience 3
The Idiots 7
The Kings of 6 2

BEST DIRECTOR Total
Martin Scorsese (The Bronx is Burning) 9
Behn Zeitlin (Sandboy) 6
Chloe Zhao (Everything I Never Told You) 5
Debra Granik (The Space Between Trees) 5
Jason Bateman (World of Trouble) 6
Brett Haley (Learning to Care) 4
Anton Corbjin (Holland Hannah) 3
Kenneth Branagh (Sins of their Fathers) 3
Luca Guadagnino (The World That We Knew) 2
Dan Gilroy (Dirty Hands) 2
Jemaine Clement (Olive's Hallowed Eve) 2
Leigh Whannel (Floodbath) 1
Michael Dudok De Wit (Everything We Miss) 1
Noah Baumbach (Christmas Shopping) 1

BEST ENSEMBLE Total
Everything I Never Told You 4
Olive’s Hallowed Eve 5
Sandboy 1
Sins of their Fathers 2
Strangers in the Town 6
Learning to Care 7
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 5
The World That We Knew 3
The Bronx is Burning 9
Dirty Hands 3
The Space Between Trees 1
World of Trouble 4

BEST ACTOR Total
Bobby Cannavale (The Bronx is Burning) 8
Jon Hamm (Strangers in the Town) 5
Michael B. Jordan (The Bronx is Burning) 8
Charlie Plummer (Christmas Shopping) 4
Daniel Wu (Everything I Never Told You) 8
Nick Robinson (Learning to Care) 8
Riz Ahmed (Sins of their Fathers) 1
Jeremy Strong (Dirty Hands) 1
Alden Ehrenreich (World of Trouble) 5
Azhy Robertson (Sandboy) 2

BEST ACTRESS Total
Olivia DeJonge (The Space Between Trees) 8
Royal Patel (Sandboy) 3
Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Dealer’s Choice) 1
Katherine Waterson (The World That We Knew) 6
Michelle Williams (Everything I Never Told You) 10
Awkwafina (Returning from Hell) 5
Annalise Basso (Floodbath) 1
Elizabeth Debicki (Holland Hannah) 7
Carrie Coon (Dirty Hands) 4
Awkwafina (Sins of their Fathers) 2
Siena Agudong (The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg) 2
Yara Shahidi (Heartman) 1

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR Total
Jemaine Clement (Olive’s Hallowed Eve) 4
Bryan Cranston (New Tricks) 6
Diego Luna (Far Cry) 1
Jimmy Tatro (Learning to Care) 9
Chow Yun-Fat (The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg) 5
Jason Clarke (The Bronx is Burning) 3
Tye Sheridan (Everything I Never Told You) 2
Ben Barnes (Strangers in the Town) 1
John Mulaney (Strangers In The Town) 1
Maulik Pancholy (Sandboy) 1
Wyatt Russell (The Bronx is Burning) 4
Jimmy Tatro (World of Trouble) 2
Sterling K. Brown (Dirty Hands) 2
Manuel Garcia-Rulfo (World of Trouble) 3
Christopher Meloni (The Space Between Trees) 1
Finn Wolfhard (The World That We Knew) 1
Ted Danson (Olive's Hallowed Eve) 2
Omar Sy (Holland Hannah) 1
Ryan Potter (The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg) 1

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS Total
Olivia Colman (Sins of their Fathers) 7
Piper Curda (Returning from Hell) 1
Tilda Swinton (Wii Fit) 4
Joan Cusack (Christmas Shopping) 4
Brigette Lundy-Paine (Learning to Care) 9
Diana Silvers (The Space Between Trees) 8
Meagan Good (Heartman) 1
Thomasin Mckenzie (The World That We Knew) 3
Katherine Waterson (The World That We Knew) 1
Kaitlyn Dever (World of Trouble) 6
Kara Hayward (New Tricks) 1
Leah Lewis (Everything I Never Told You) 3
Naomi Scott (Mighty Fall) 1
Purbi Joshi (Sandboy) 1

BEST VOICE ACTOR/ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE Total
Jake Gyllenhaal (Dave Day) 1
Anna Kendrick (The Untitleable Squirrel Girl Sequel) 5
Rob Paulsen (Funny Business) 3
George MacKay (Everything We Miss) 7
Sean Giambrone (New Tricks) 5
Raven Symone (Up in the Sky) 7
Zendaya (Olive’s Hallowed Eve) 7
Tress MacNeille (Funny Business) 2
Imogen Poots (Everything We Miss) 1
James McAvoy (Everything We Miss) 2
Will Forte (Frankenstein Jr.) 1
Hayden Moss (Frankenstein Jr.) 1
David Pryce (The Insect God) 1
JD McCrady (Fullmetal Alchemist: A Tale of Two Brothers) 1
Elijah Wood (Animal Crossing) 1

BEST VOICE ACTOR/ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE Total
Dee Bradley Baker (Mighty Fall) 5
Chiwetel Eijiofor (Panzer Dragoon) 3
Will Forte (Frankenstein Jr.) 1
Taika Waititi (Olive's Hallowed Eve) 2
Tone Loc (The Insect God) 1
James McAvoy (Everything We Miss) 5
Imogen Poots (Everything We Miss) 5
Giancarlo Esposito (Mass Effect: Revelation) 6
Shahadi Wright-Joseph (Olive’s Hallowed Eve) 7
Vanessa Morgan (The Untitleable Squirrel Girl Sequel) 1
George McKay (Everything We Miss) 2
John Cho (Animal Crossing) 1
Rachel Dratch (Pokemon: The Case of the Orange Outrage) 1
Billy West (Mighty Fall) 2
Joe Pantoliano (Olive's Hallowed Eve) 1
Mark Dacascos (The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg) 1
Michael C. Hall (The Un-title-able Squirrel Girl Sequel) 1

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY Total
Learning to Care 10
Sandboy 10
Sins of their Fathers 7
Strangers in the Town 7
Up in the Sky 1
Christmas Shopping 3
New Tricks 2
Dirty Hands 4
Holland Hannah 5
Heartman 1

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY Total
The Bronx is Burning 9
Everything I Never Told You 8
Everything We Miss 6
Olive’s Hallowed Eve 5
The Space Between Trees 9
World of Trouble 9
The World That We Knew 3
The Untitleable Squirrel-Girl Sequel 1

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE Total
Patrick Doyle (Sins of their Fathers) 7
Hildur Guðnadóttir (The Space Between Trees) 3
Dario Marianelli (The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg) 5
Laurent Perez Del Mar (Everything We Miss) 4
Dan Romer and Behn Zeitlin (Sandboy) 9
Alexandre Desplat (The World That We Knew) 3
Emile Mosseri (New Tricks) 1
Woody Jackson (Strangers in the Town) 4
John Williams (Dreams) 3
M83 (Mass Effect: Revelation) 2
Mark Mothersbaugh (Mighty Fall) 2
Randy Newman (Christmas Shopping) 1
Antonio Pinto (Christie Monteiro) 1
Brian McOmber (The Gnashing) 1
??? (Learning to Care) 1
Christophe Beck (Olive's Hallowed Eve) 1
Dustin O'Halloran and Volker Bertelmann (Everything I Never Told You) 1
??? (Holland Hannah) 1

BEST ORIGINAL SONG Total
“Bright Magic” (Olive’s Hallowed Eve) 9
“Flightless Bird” (Flightless Bird: The Downfall of the Boeing 737 MAX) 7
“I Don’t Hate Everything” (Olive’s Hallowed Eve) 6
“Suburban Santa” (Christmas Shopping) 5
“Where Will You Go” (The Gnashing) 5
"Go" (As Fast As I Can) 2
"Wonderland" (Far Cry) 2
"How to Care" (Learning To Care) 6
"Dream High" (Dreams) 1
"Mighty Fall" (Mighty Fall) 2

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY Total
Floodbath 5
Holland Hannah 6
Sandboy 7
The Space Between Trees 6
World of Trouble 4
Everything I Never Told You 6
The World That We Knew 4
The Bronx is Burning 5
Strangers in the Town 2
Sins of their Fathers 2
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 3

BEST FILM EDITING Total
The Bronx is Burning 9
Everything I Never Told You 8
Flightless Bird: The Downfall of the Boeing 737 MAX 4
Holland Hannah 8
Olive’s Hallowed Eve 1
World of Trouble 7
The World That We Knew 2
Sins of their Fathers 2
Learning to Care 5
Dreams 1
The Space Between Trees 2
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 1

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN Total
The Bronx is Burning 7
Heartman 1
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 10
The Lost Empire 6
Strangers in the Town 6
The World That We Knew 5
Sins of their Fathers 3
Floodbath 1
Mighty Fall 1
Olive’s Hollowed Eve 4
Mass Effect: Revelation 3
Dreams 1
Sandboy 1
World of Trouble 1

BEST COSTUME DESIGN Total
The Lost Empire 5
Olive’s Hollowed Eve 7
Wet Willy 1
The World That We Knew 7
Fullmetal Alchemist: A Tale of Two Brothers 1
Holland Hannah 1
Mass Effect: Revelation 4
Strangers in the Town 6
Panzer Dragoon 1
The Bronx is Burning 2
Sandboy 1
Strangers in the Town 1
Fable 1
Panzer Dragoon 1
New Tricks 1

BEST MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING Total
Far Cry 1
Heartman 5
Mass Effect: Revelation 5
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 9
Sandboy 2
The Lost Empire 6
Mighty Fall 2
No Mercy 2
The World That We Knew 3
The Bronx is Burning 3
Olive's Hallowed Eve 7
Strangers in the Town 3
Christie Monteiro 1
New Tricks 1

BEST SOUND MIXING Total
The Bronx is Burning 2
Holland Hannah 8
Sandboy 4
Sins of their Fathers 6
Up in the Sky 2
Floodbath 1
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 7
Mass Effect: Revelation 7
Panzer Dragoon 2
The World That We Knew 1
Dreams 1
Far Cry 1
The Lost Empire 1
Olive's Hallowed Eve 3
Dreams 1
Mighty Fall 1
World That We Knew 1
World of Trouble 1

BEST SOUND EDITING Total
Holland Hannah 6
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 8
Mass Effect: Revelation 9
Sins of their Fathers 6
Up in the Sky 3
Floodbath 1
No Mercy 1
Panzer Dragoon 2
Far Cry 2
Mighty Fall 4
Sandboy 3
Olive's Hallowed Eve 1
The Lost Empire 1
World That We Knew 1
World of Trouble 1
The Bronx is Burning 1

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS Total
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg 9
Mighty Fall 8
Panzer Dragoon 4
Sandboy 4
Up in the Sky 5
Mass Effect: Revelation 6
Walking With Dinosaurs: The Cinematic Experience 2
Rhino Riders 2 1
The Lost Empire 3
Pokemon: The Case of the Orange Outrage 1
Christie Monteiro 1
Olive's Hallowed Eve 3
The World That We Knew 1
New Tricks 1
Sins of Their Fathers 1

BEST USE OF ACTION Total
Castaways 6
Far Cry 7
Holland Hannah 5
Rhino Riders 2 3
Mass Effect: Revelation 5
No Mercy 3
Panzer Dragoon 1
Mighty Fall 3
Pokémon: The Case of the Orange Outrage 1
Static Shock: Frozen Summer 2
Olive's Hallowed Eve 1
Green Arrow: The Ninth Circle 1
The Lost Empire 2

For an google sheets link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19XUN6RBlaYx4S5tX593lIjtl6yPKo-FFMAKBRU53LOE/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Win Count:

The Bronx is Burning - 6

The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg - 5

Learning to Care - 3

Everything We Miss - 2

Holland Hannah - 2

Olive's Hallowed Eve - 2

Sandboy - 2

Everything I Never Told You - 1

Flightless Bird: The Downfall of the Boeing 737 MAX - 1

On 9/11/2021 at 3:02 AM, Ezen Baklattan said:

Winner Tallies:

Reveal hidden contents

Nominee Tallies:

Reveal hidden contents

For an google sheets link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19XUN6RBlaYx4S5tX593lIjtl6yPKo-FFMAKBRU53LOE/edit?usp=sharing

Films ranked per Winner Tallies:

Spoiler

1. The Bronx is Burning - 363

2. The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg - 350

3. Learning to Care - 254

4. Everything I Never Told You - 215

5. Holland Hannah - 210

6. Olive's Hallowed Eve - 200

7. Sandboy - 190

8. World of Trouble - 169

9. Mass Effect: Revelation - 146

10. Everything We Miss - 165

11. The Space Between Trees - 143

12. Sins of Their Fathers - 107
Strangers in the Town - 107

14. Mighty Fall - 80

15. The Lost Empire - 76

16. The World That We Knew - 70

17. Flightless Bird: The Downfall of the Boeing 737 MAX - 57

18. Up in the Sky - 54

19. New Tricks - 48

20. The Un-title-able Squirrel Girl Sequel - 37

21. Floodbath - 34
22. Heartman - 34

23. Far Cry - 30

24. The Idiots - 28

25. The War Between Ants - 26

26. Castaways - 25

27. Returning from Hell - 23

28. Wii Fit - 22

29. Christmas Shopping - 20

30. Eminem-esque - 17

31. Funny Business - 15

32. Out of Order: The Decline of the Arcade - 14

Films ranked per Nominee Tallies:

Spoiler

1. The Bronx is Burning - 86
The Last Airbender: The Boy in the Iceberg - 86

3. Olive's Hallowed Eve - 68

4. Learning to Care - 65

5. Everything I Never Told You - 62

6. Sandboy - 60

7. World of Trouble - 56

8. Holland Hannah - 52

9. Sins of Their Fathers - 51* (assuming a typo in Best Costume Design that nominated Strangers in the Town a second time instead of Sins)

10. The World That We Knew - 48

11. Mass Effect: Revelation - 47

12. Everything We Miss - 46

13. The Space Between Trees - 44
Strangers in the Town - 44

15. Mighty Fall - 27

16. The Lost Empire - 24

17. Flightless Bird: The Downfall of the Boeing 737 MAX - 23

18. Christmas Shopping - 18
New Tricks - 18
Up in the Sky - 18

21. Dirty Hands - 16