charlie Jatinder

SHANG CHI SECOND WEEKEND THREAD: 35.8M (-53%), DILF Leung Conquers #1 Spot | Free Guy 5.8, Malignant 5.6, Candyman 4.9, Jungle Cruise 2.4, Card Counter 1.1

35 minutes ago, Menor said:

Um...wtf makes you think Eternals BO will be anywhere close to Spider-Man?

I don't think so actually. I think both Eternals and SM will finish below 500m dom and SM probably above it. But just a feeling that Eternals might just overperform. 

3 minutes ago, DC Rich said:

If things at least stay as they currently are or improve, I think it can get to 600m DOM with the help of the Christmas holidays.  Just an opinion.

Yes. If situation do not improve, any number around FFH is pretty great for me. The willing of family audience is the key.

23 minutes ago, JWR said:

$500M DOM for Spider-Man seems like a pipe dream at this stage in the recovery. 

Damn near impossible. Wasn't that likely prepandemic. Expecting a 30% increase when FFH literally was a bridge post end game and continued the story of iron man is a bit optimistic.

Very similar to saying captain marvel 2 won't hit 530 domestic. Personally I think without endgame CM 2 without the pandemic is lucky to hit 300m domestic. No way home though still could have done 400+ due to the cast, multiverse and other elements. Depends of wom. FFH had a ton of issues but it was fun!

It's got a Christmas run and if we can get boosters and 5-11 vaccines in maybe we can still see awesome numbers (350-400 domestic?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

NWH $500M is floor. If quality is good wild wishes like $600M & $700M are possible.

That seems insane to me. I don't think we will see anywhere near the number of repeat visits that we have in the past due to the pandemic. I think sustained viewing is going to plummet and I think that will impact more than people realize. I'm happy to be wrong but for me 500M is the absolute domestic peak given the current pandemic.

Hell I want to be wrong 700 million domestic would be amazing straight up black panther numbers.

14 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Yes. If situation do not improve, any number around FFH is pretty great for me. The willing of family audience is the key.

I'm not an out at 500 but that's my absolute peak (like 500 to 525). That's if everything is perfect vaccination rates go up 15% or something like that and nearly every kid gets vaccinated. The rest of the movie suck in Christmas, it has amazing legs, word of mouth is incredible and we see a ridiculously high RT score.

Then again I totally thought end game before it came out would do max like 2.2-2.3B WW so it's not like I've haven't been wrong before. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fmpro said:

What ever you are drinking, i want some. Must be fun

I think some people have a different opinion on where capacity really is. Until we actually see the box office stretched to the limit during a pandemic I'm going to be incredibly pessimistic. Mind you I don't think 400 million domestic 1.2 billion in a pandemic is that pessimistic but it is to others. 

Nearly 40% of the country is anti-vax until that changes I think it scares a lot of the vaccinated as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

TBH personally I want the general consensus to be that $500M isn't possible and all that. If everyone thinks $500M is happening, that's boring.

That's fair. I think putting the floor at 500 makes 498m a disappointment which is outrageous given we have a pandemic and nothing else this year will even sniff that. Eternals included.

Consider me a pessimistic but hopeful on the 500 front!

1 minute ago, JWR said:

At this rate and in this environment, we should consider Spider-Man hitting $300M DOM a huge success. 

i personally wouldnt ....especially  when shang will hit 220-250 .....

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JWR said:

Even if Covid cases start exploding again like last Winter?

..it depends on the environment ...if that happesn but countries dont  close and only have some restrictions like what has happened during that wave then yes.... i will still stand by it...

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I am serious. The box office is absolutely normal for anything that isnt on streaming. Unless NWH is BvS level reception, it isn't missing $500M on best release period.

Normal??? Excuse me what the fuck?? If you think box office is normal rn then you are more delusional than ERC my friend.