charlie Jatinder

SHANG CHI SECOND WEEKEND THREAD: 35.8M (-53%), DILF Leung Conquers #1 Spot | Free Guy 5.8, Malignant 5.6, Candyman 4.9, Jungle Cruise 2.4, Card Counter 1.1

5 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

We are not in normal times. It would easily have cleared 300m DOM 

That's what i'm saying. Seeing the reaction to Shang Chi, 300M would have not been hard to do in normal times. We are not close to normal yet. maybe next year

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Deadline reaction to Halloween Kills on Peacock is killing me.

"Seriously, what the hell is going on? Does the town think we’re going to sit on our couches and watch our cell phones for eternity? The big screen is the curation of great product, don’t ya get that? How should we sift through a sea of titles on streaming menus if we don’t know what’s great yet?"

Their meltdowns are hilarious

They will be the last ones standing screaming at the void by the time all is lost.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

15.3 & 10.7

I think Disney could have lowballed Sunday a bit at 10M and give a round 35M.

if disney think 10,7 ...and the trend of them lowballing numbers continues  then ....👀 give me a nice 11 mill sun

BW is getting smoked by SC and it isn't just because of PA. Reaction to SC is much better which explains great holds dom and OS. BW would have cratered without PA except that OW would have been bigger.  SC still holds 8.0 on IMDB, while BW is at 6.8. Even if SC goes down with more votes it won't drop below 7.5. But overall wherever you turn reactions are much better for SC. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I need 35M or over for SC to finally win some prediction. I've been doing pretty well lately, coming close, no overestimation, but I need undisputed win that stays with actuals.

That's a pretty bad PTA for Card Counter. It's only $300 higher than Malignant which plays in 3,400+ theaters vs Card Counter's 580. PTA for limited releases should be much higher than for wide ones.

Malignant is a bomb of the month. It must be really that bad that even proven horror name (James Wan) couldn't put butts in seats. 

Au Contraire, is a great movie. Divisive yes (as it should considering it's plot), but nobody saw it and was indifferent to it, that's why it's trending since Friday.

The bomb is all WB, it happens when a studio not only put a new movie for free at their streaming but also do a despicable marketing campaign to it.

I'm curious how many remaining bombs this WB approach will give to us, Cry Macho is the next, 5 days until release and absolutely no promo.

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I'm curious how many remaining bombs this WB approach will give to us, Cry Macho is the next, 5 days until release and absolutely no promo.

Dune and King Richard won't bomb. Matrix 4 likely won't bomb either Spidey or not. Everything between :unsure: