charlie Jatinder

SHANG CHI SECOND WEEKEND THREAD: 35.8M (-53%), DILF Leung Conquers #1 Spot | Free Guy 5.8, Malignant 5.6, Candyman 4.9, Jungle Cruise 2.4, Card Counter 1.1

On 12/28/2019 at 4:06 PM, Legion of the Ten Crores said:

2 hours ago, Legion of the Ten Crores said:

Personally I feel we are still about 25% under normalcy. That takes Shang-Chi from 235 to 313. Even that would be like 80th DOM, vs:

IM1 21st

gotg1 31st

SMH 49th   

350 in normalcy doesn’t sound too outlandish really, then we are like 33% short.

Decided to dig up a pre-covid expectation to make sure I wasn’t BSing. That 700 is for OS, lol — was assuming a China release but it also goes to emphasize how OS is still more affected.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox20 said:

Yelena is going to be relegated to be a side character, if anything she gets a D+ series, unless she gets to be on the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers project.

If JC with its weaker numbers is getting a sequel because it’s seen internally at Disney as a success, I don’t see why BW can’t get a sequel. Granted MCU needs more franchises/IPs like Tom Brady needs more Super Bowl rings, but it’s always nice to have another.

(That said I could see a BW “2” be a D+ series, since the boundaries between streaming and movies are increasingly blurring. I mean the theatrical Cap 4 just got launched by a D+ show.)

13 hours ago, john2000 said:

@ZeeSoh hey man...where have you been ? everything ok ?

Hey man, everything’s fine now but covid was bad for work, business as well as my health (got infected a week before I was eligible to get vaccinated 😂)(stamina levels still not back to normal months after delta infection) so had to take some time off. But hoping to get more active now!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

On 9/11/2021 at 11:44 AM, AdrianL said:

All of WB's films flopping is pretty sad considering the strategy seemed to work earlier this year with GvK and MK, in which they were kinda the champion for theaters. This should've ended when everything reopened, committing the whole year was just idiotic. 

It’s not too late to reverse the course WB. Matrix is a potential 100m opener.

10 hours ago, RRA said:

If JC with its weaker numbers is getting a sequel because it’s seen internally at Disney as a success, I don’t see why BW can’t get a sequel. Granted MCU needs more franchises/IPs like Tom Brady needs more Super Bowl rings, but it’s always nice to have another.

(That said I could see a BW “2” be a D+ series, since the boundaries between streaming and movies are increasingly blurring. I mean the theatrical Cap 4 just got launched by a D+ show.)

JC is getting a sequel to spread the "no lawsuit" payout to the stars, ala Cruella...

BW2 already got a lawsuit - so no incentive in a sequel...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

JC is getting a sequel to spread the "no lawsuit" payout to the stars, ala Cruella...

No studio is spending $100-200m on a sequel not including $100m+ on P&A to make a movie they think will lose money to avoid a lawsuit that wouldn't cost them a fraction of that if they lost -  especially when they're already giving out additional $10-20m payouts like WB.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Cruella is getting a sequel because it trended incredibly well everywhere. The sequel if well made, will do great. 

Jungle Cruise numbers aren't bad either considering it was dumped on D+.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Cruella is getting a sequel because it trended incredibly well everywhere. The sequel if well made, will do great. 

Jungle Cruise numbers aren't bad either considering it was dumped on D+.

jungle cruise number arent bad indeed..however that budget basically killed the movie... at least cruell double its theatrical budget from theatrical alone

A hypothetical Black Widow 2 would star Florence Pugh (who already said she's looking forward to her future in the MCU), not ScarJo.

At most ScarJo would cameo in flashbacks, but not necessary. Lawsuit has no bearings in the making a sequel to the movie or not. I think it should be a D+ series though regardless.

Cruella 2 was announced before the lawsuit got filed.

23 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

That's what the movies who opened against and after TFA said...

Jumanji and Greatest Showman would like a word, TLJ made over $600m domestic and there was plenty of money to go around.

Edited by Felandria
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

If I was an exec, I’d green light a sequel based on Cruella’s numbers. 

But not Jungle Cruise. It still hasn’t reached its production budget worldwide. I also think JC is getting a bit of a free pass with the trades.

Both Cruella and JC had a $30 charge to watch on D+ didn't they? Kind of hard to say how profitable they are.

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Yes, but TLJ wasn't TFA in reception:)...Spidey is not gonna be TLJ...it's gonna be TFA level love...

TFA was a palete cleanser after the prequel trilogy, hence why it was more or less beat for beat A New Hope. The better comparison i'd argue would be Jurassic World.