charlie Jatinder

SHANG CHI SECOND WEEKEND THREAD: 35.8M (-53%), DILF Leung Conquers #1 Spot | Free Guy 5.8, Malignant 5.6, Candyman 4.9, Jungle Cruise 2.4, Card Counter 1.1

Just now, MikeQ said:

Friday: 9.7M

Saturday: 16M (+65%)

Sunday: 10.1M (-37%)

TOTAL: 35.8M (-52%)

2nd weekend grosses:

Shang-Chi: $35.8 million

Black Widow: $25.8 million

Wonder if ERC will post about this? 

(This is not trying to put Black Widow down - only to poke fun at ERC and his poor analytical skills when it comes to box office.)

Peace,

Mike

if he does ...it will be with his usual spin....

I am theaters right now and the Cry Macho trailer just passed and holy shit it looks like a SNL sketch gone too far. I might die laughing during it.

• Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1
4 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Friday: 9.7M

Saturday: 16M (+65%)

Sunday: 10.1M (-37%)

TOTAL: 35.8M (-52%)

2nd weekend grosses:

Shang-Chi: $35.8 million

Black Widow: $25.8 million

Wonder if ERC will post about this? 

(This is not trying to put Black Widow down - only to poke fun at ERC and his poor analytical skills when it comes to box office.)

Peace,

Mike

He'd make some off hand comment about it washing out with the weekdays - which wouldn't be wrong persay but also not 100% accurate. He went from meh to laughable really fast of late. 

47 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

If Malignant really does match @charlie Jatinder's projections, then it'll be lucky to hit a double digit total by the end of its run.

I wonder what James Wan thinks about this. Warner Bros have got so much good will to recover in the next couple of years. 

• Sad 1

All of WB's films flopping is pretty sad considering the strategy seemed to work earlier this year with GvK and MK, in which they were kinda the champion for theaters. This should've ended when everything reopened, committing the whole year was just idiotic. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I wonder what James Wan thinks about this. Warner Bros have got so much good will to recover in the next couple of years. 

He did this movie solely for himself. He likely doesn't give a shit about what the GA thinks (the film itself makes this abundantly clear may I add) of this one. He's already begun crafting his second Aquaman outing.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Scott baity headlines. Just see the comment section. People think it's doing bad :bagoverhead:

I can see many videos being created right now thanks to that headline.

• Like 1

Malignant budget $40m. Deadline says before P&A (this film didn’t have any advertising anyway). That’s big for a horror. Maybe $10m for James Wan lol. It did look pretty. 

Edited by Krissykins