charlie Jatinder

SHANG CHI SECOND WEEKEND THREAD: 35.8M (-53%), DILF Leung Conquers #1 Spot | Free Guy 5.8, Malignant 5.6, Candyman 4.9, Jungle Cruise 2.4, Card Counter 1.1

7 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

He did this movie solely for himself. He likely doesn't give a shit about what the GA thinks (the film itself makes this abundantly clear may I add) of this one. He's already begun crafting his second Aquaman outing.

Yeah this wasn’t a horror film made for mass appeal or for the “elevated horror” snobbish critics or even Film Twitter*, though many of them seemed

to have enjoyed it or got what he was going for so there’s that.

It’s an inspired DePalma/Fulci riff, nasty and nutty. It was never going to be anything but cult classic material. But Wan has made a lot of money for WB over the years from Aquaman to the MCU of horror that is the ConjuringVerse, and he will keep being a license to print money for them. Wan will get to indulge in more passion projects…

*=OT but Edgar Wright has his own giallo movie coming soon and Film Twitter adores him, probably already ready to spread their legs open for that one. I’m curious about it. Can he match the insanity of Wan? Will it be well-made but sterile like Baby Driver? I’m sure it’ll be good.

Just now, Fox20 said:

40M budget does make the "Wan did it for himself" argument look worse.

Peanuts to the 700M-1 B that Wan’s FishDude 2 will gross for WB. I would call that an acceptable sunk cost. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, exomassey said:

What’s everyone’s predictions for Saturday after getting the Friday number?

14m+ maybe?

7 minutes ago, john2000 said:

I would say 15-16

yeah pretty much  range of 50%-65% increase. Although I think with high Friday inc. Sat could be muted. 

9.7m

14.55m (+50%)

9.45m (-35%)

33.7m (-55%) 2nd weekend 

Just now, Madhuvan said:

yeah pretty much  range of 50%-65% increase. Although I think with high Friday inc. Sat could be muted. 

9.7m

14.55m (+50%)

9.45m (-35%)

33.7m (-55%) 2nd weekend 

compared to past labor day trends the friday increase while fantastic isnt all that high 60+ is very possible

Shang-Chi looking at an excellent hold considering last weekend was a 4-day holiday that resulted in an inflated opening. Looking plausible that it holds onto #1 until Venom comes out now.

Better than expected for Malignant since all signs pointed towards an opening in $3-4M range. Have to imagine the buzz about how it's such an insane movie is boosting curiosity for it both in theaters and on HBO Max.