Jump to content
charlie Jatinder

Weekend Thread (17-19 Sep 21)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

 

 

 

20 minutes ago, john2000 said:

 

Nice holds for both, especially Candyman. Impressive for Malignant considering it’s on HBOMax, but it didn’t have a height to fall from. 
 

Great for Shang-Chi and Free Guy worldwide. The wealth isn’t being spread throughout the top 10 unfortunately. Shang-Chi accounting for almost half. 
 

Roll on Venom, James Bond, Michael Myers and Dune. 
 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dune is killing at Europe (where it's released) and even in some Asian countries with great WOM everywhere. $ 36M opening in just 24 countries.

 

Very curious about Japan, Korea and China. In UK should be huge.

 

This is shapening to have a very solid box office run OS. If HBO Max destroy it on US at least Villeneuve will have data showing how it performed way better where it was theatrical only.

 

But i don't think it will be a disaster on US either, even with day and date. +300M WW seems like a very possible number.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, john2000 said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Don’t forget…apparently families don’t want to go to the movies at the moment. Lol

 

Hotel Transylvania and Addams Family would have done strong business and built their brands. I guess at least Addams is coming to cinemas at least. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shang-Chi could even go as high as $250M if it's able to sustain crazy good legs later in its run, which seems plausible since it should be around until at least November (theaters already have a whole bunch of movies that just opened that will be dropped long before that gets the boot). $235-240M will likely be where it lands though.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wildphantom said:


Don’t forget…apparently families don’t want to go to the movies at the moment. Lol

 

Hotel Transylvania and Addams Family would have done strong business and built their brands. I guess at least Addams is coming to cinemas at least. 

I think they would’ve eaten into each other by coming out on the exact same day as each other though. 
 

That’s a great start for Dune. WB should’ve left the US a month late and last on all of their 2020/2021 films. 

Edited by Krissykins
Link to post
Share on other sites

International to the rescue for Denis and the hopes of Part 2! I’m pretty happy with that opening for Dune.  Let’s savour every day we have of it not being available for free in 4K HDR for download. 
 

Lol’d when I had an offer through for 6 months HBO Max at half price. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

I think they would’ve eaten into each other by coming out on the exact same day as each other though. 
 

That’s a great start for Dune. WB should’ve left the US last to release on all of their 2020/2021 films. 


agree. I thought one would have budged closer to release, but we’ll never know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt Addams Family 2 would have done anything even if it was theaters only, no pandemic, etc. The last film was boring as sin and only had nostalgia as a hook, which doesn't work for a follow-up.

 

Hotel Transylvania 4 however could have done solid business at like 135M or something.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wildphantom said:


Let’s savour every day we have of it not being available for free in 4K HDR for download. 
 

I would question the actual HDR nature of a torrent download tbh. Wouldn’t it be a compressed version? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found out that neither Adam Sandler or Kevin James are back for this new Hotel Transylvania and were replaced with soundalikes (which probably explains why this one is skipping theaters + the fact Amazon offered $100M for it). I know James had a flop show on Netflix that probably kept him busy but what has Sandler been up to that he said "no" to this lol (sorry Uncut Gems fans, everyone still mainly associates him with trash comedies).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I just found out that neither Adam Sandler or Kevin James are back for this new Hotel Transylvania and were replaced with soundalikes (which probably explains why this one is skipping theaters + the fact Amazon offered $100M for it). I know James had a flop show on Netflix that probably kept him busy but what has Sandler been up to that he said "no" to this lol (sorry Uncut Gems fans, everyone still mainly associates him with trash comedies).

Doesn’t Sandler have a $250m deal with Netflix? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Not everyone has HBO MAX


I can’t imagine why not. It is free if you already subscribe to HBO, and everyone needed HBO to watch Game of Thrones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I just found out that neither Adam Sandler or Kevin James are back for this new Hotel Transylvania and were replaced with soundalikes (which probably explains why this one is skipping theaters + the fact Amazon offered $100M for it). I know James had a flop show on Netflix that probably kept him busy but what has Sandler been up to that he said "no" to this lol (sorry Uncut Gems fans, everyone still mainly associates him with trash comedies).

I think he got into an argument with Genndy Tartovsky about the direction of the 3rd movie and decided not to come back for the 4th or something along those lines.

 

Speaking of which Genndy only did the story for this one he wasn't the director.

Edited by Ledmonkey96
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

I think he got into an argument with Genndy Tartovsky about the direction of the 3rd movie and decided not to come back for the 4th or something along those lines.

 

Speaking of which Genndy only did the story for this one he wasn't the director.

Well Genndy is working on two other movies for SPA, so I get why he’s not directing 

 

 

 

In a note, regarding Fall animation, I’m curious on how Ron Goes Wrong does. I’m pretty sure Disney will dump it for numerous reasons but is Croods 2 Numbers a good benchmark?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.