Eric Duncan

Cry Macho (2021)

Cry Macho (2021)  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

I enjoyed this, but I’m a Clint Eastwood fan, so obviously quite biased. It’s quite leisurely paced and light on action, but that’s fine when you consider the age of the main character. It doesn’t deserve the “rotten” rating at all, but at the same time it’s not exactly a film that will create Clint converts, it’s very much for his fans, and I don’t think it’d have set the box office on fire even without the HBO Max release and pandemic afflicted theatrical landscape. It doesn’t have the mainstream general audience appeal of something like The Mule.

If you like Clint though, you’ll like this, he’s dependably great in it as always and the story is a pleasant watch. I hope he’s got a few  more films in him, but it wouldn’t be a bad film to go out on the way some critics are saying it is.