AMCTheater2000

65 | Sony | March 10, 2023 | Adam Driver

The fact that this is still doing double-digits despite very little buzz (other than the first trailer dropping MONTHS ago), lackluster marketing, a crowded market, awful reviews and poor WOM, and the overall lack of strength for original films lately show me that there was DEFINITELY potential for this!! 

Honestly, if this movie had come out in the 2010s with a lead with the equivalent star power as 2023 Adam Driver, had good reviews and solid WOM, this would have opened to high-20s at least, maybe even 30M+. 

• Like 3

On 3/10/2023 at 7:20 PM, Brainbug said:

In my subjective, not at all biased world, Dominion is a good movie.

On 3/10/2023 at 8:38 PM, Alex SciChannel said:

Anyone who thinks 65 is better than Dominion is mentally unstable.

On 3/10/2023 at 8:47 PM, DAJK said:

Yea Dominion was better than this. And I really didn't like Dominion lol.

This was miles better than Dominion

• Like 2

The main father-daughter emotional thing is flimsy and there's only enough dino action a modest budget would allow, but otherwise this is pretty good. It has many tense sequences, Driver is compelling, the kid is ...fine and it's a pretty lean 90 minutes.

Also the twist half-way through that I'm amazed they didn't spoil in the marketing is hilarious. And the way they keep playing all this ridiculousness straight just works imo.