AMCTheater2000

65 | Sony | March 10, 2023 | Adam Driver

The Last of Us meets Jurassic Park.

But the biggest issue is that there is no funny Ian Malcom type character to prevent itself from taking itself way too seriously.

The trailer was shown with Antman for me, one loud old couple mockingly saying "He was bad, then turned good" clearly refering to TROS clusterfuck. They were more excited about Indiana Jones trailer which was played next. TGM must have blown their mind.

I'll probably see this since I'm a sucker for "original" sci-fi.

• Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Not every movie needs comic relief, I'm excited for this partially because of the lack of humor. So many movies lately have had humor forced in.

A serious dinosaur survival thriller would be amazing - if its done well, ofc, which i really hope for this.

• Like 1

Minor spoilers if you can call it that but here are all the creatures that appear in the film. No herbivores and a small tyrannosaur like creature that looks like a hybrid between and ankylosaur and a theropod. As a paleontology major I am cringing. I'm not asking for accuracy but be a little more creative than mashing two animals together for no reason. Also new promo material has the T. rex having mammal canines.

https://twitter.com/SHINOBI__03/status/1632126116985991170?t=8higpTjxq47dwobTgJuvqA&s=19

Edited by Alex SciChannel

The dialogue is minimal and doesn't waste its time figuring out what the planet is or what the creatures are

Doesn't the poster itself say 65 million years ago on earth, what do we need to figure out?

Edited by Morieris
  • Haha 1