AMCTheater2000

65 | Sony | March 10, 2023 | Adam Driver

Despite everything working against it, I desperately want this movie to be successful. It feels like any live-action dinosaur movie that isn't part of the Jurassic Park franchise is doomed to failure, and this is the first such movie we've had in almost a decade (the last one was Walking with Dinosaurs: The Movie in 2013). 

Is the dinosaur movie genre doomed outside of Jurassic Park sequels, or will we ever see another successful original dinosaur movie? 

• Like 1

Just now, El Squibbonator said:

I'm probably going to watch it regardless, if only because I hope it's successful so studios realize that movies about dinosaurs don't need to have Jurassic Park or Jurassic World in their titles. 

I mean...when was the last time we've had a successful dinosaur movie that wasn't in the Jurassic series? Ice Age 3? And then before that...The Land Before Time? Sorry to burst your bubble, but people only care if it has "Jurassic" in the title.

2 minutes ago, Eric the Velocipastor said:

I mean...when was the last time we've had a successful dinosaur movie that wasn't in the Jurassic series? Ice Age 3? And then before that...The Land Before Time? Sorry to burst your bubble, but people only care if it has "Jurassic" in the title.

Tbf there were only 2 non "Jurassic" dinosaur movies after Ice Age 3.

• Thanks 1