titanic2187

Venom 2 : Let There Be Carnage | $287.6m International Total; Global: $500.1m (Without China this round)

45 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Not really. I have seen audience reaction scores being bad for this in Korea, and 84% RT is not good either. 

One country isn’t the world and since when has 84% been not good? It’s higher than the first one. This fake narrative that it has bad of WoM was already getting old the first time round.

Edited by VENOM
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

June 2019.

While you convince yourself how Venom somehow has bad WOM but it’s sequel out opened the first in a pandemic and every other movie and not just in America this year Venom 2 will be busy surpassing those films even without China and will finish way ahead WW and will be gunning for the top 2 highest grossing films of 2021. 

Edited by VENOM
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, VENOM said:

Its not even out in China and it’s already among the highest grossing movies of all time in a lot of countries, it has great legs. 

Not exactly. It's set pandemic records in a few of the markets mentioned like Russia and Brazil, but it's nowhere near "highest grossing movie of all-time" in any market.

2 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Not exactly. It's set pandemic records in a few of the markets mentioned like Russia and Brazil, but it's nowhere near "highest grossing movie of all-time" in any market.

Delete this.. I said ‘among’ which it is.

I appreciate everyone's opinion. Doesn't necessarily mean that my favourite film will be liked by everyone, same goes to other (I don't like what other recommend me). In fact, I ignored Avengers Endgame for Detective Conan: The Fist of Blue Sapphire. I watched Avatar four weeks later. And if Venom and Titanic were to release on the same time. I prefer Venom first and would have watched Titanic later. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

RT is so fake as IMDb, Cinemascore &Metacritic. 

Follow Douban

I agree, luckily the majority of audiences don’t pay attention to these dodgy review sites with there suspect reviews, but still a portion do which is sad. Voting with your wallet is the only review that should matter none of these sites can be trusted, all as bad as each other and easily open to review tampering/bombing.

• Thanks 1

Another candidate to challenge F9's ww at this rate.  

VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE

venom-2-1.jpg?w=296&h=166&crop=1
Sony

Sony’s sequel continues to be voracious at the international box office with another $38.3M in the session for a 56% drop. The offshore total is $170.6M for $352.4M global. There is still 50% of the overseas landscape to open. Currently, Venom 2 is running on par with No Time To Die and ahead of Shang-Chi by 84%, Black Widow by 67%, and F9 by 10% at the same point in release in like-for-like markets. The IMAX global cume is $14.6M.

The EMEA region added $27.4M in the frame, for a cume of $98M. France debuted as a clear No. 1 choice with $5.2M, as noted above. Germany launched with $4.3M, ahead of recent comps. Other notable launches include: Sweden (No. 1/$910K), Netherlands ($825K) and Austria ($775K). 

Russia, where Venom 2 broke records at open, has now grossed $30.3M to become the No. 8 biggest Hollywood movie ever. Other EMEA cumes include $14.6M in the UK, $6.6M in Spain and $6.1M in Italy.

The symbiote held the No. 1 spot in all six Asia markets in its second frame, pulling in $5.9M for a regional running total of $26.8M. Top markets include Korea ($14.2M cume) and Taiwan ($4.2M)

In Latin America, Venom 2 held the top 1 spot in nine out of 10 markets, grossing $5M as a region and taking that cume to $45.9M. The top plays are Mexico ($19.8M cume) and Brazil ($9M).

Upcoming major market releases are Australia (November 25) and Japan (December 3). There is no China date as yet; the first film excelled there with over $269M at historical rates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Europe business is weak compared to the first Venom. It may or may not get a China release. If it does, i don't see it reaching the heights of the original. 

Really.. 

Other notable launches include: Sweden (No. 1/$910K), Netherlands ($825K)and Austria ($775K). 

Russia, where Venom 2 broke records atopen, has now grossed $30.3M to become the No. 8 biggest Hollywood movie ever. Other EMEA cumes include $14.6M inthe UK, $6.6M in Spain and $6.1M in Italy.

The symbiote held the No. 1 spot in all six Asia markets in its second frame, pulling in $5.9M for a regional running total of $26.8M. Top markets include Korea ($14.2M cume) and Taiwan ($4.2M)

• Astonished 1