titanic2187

Venom 2 : Let There Be Carnage | $287.6m International Total; Global: $500.1m (Without China this round)

2 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

2.4/5 from users and 1.5/5 from critics at Allocine.

The film is out today, it is better to wait a little longer to get more real opinions. In any case it's a bad start and it will affect his box office for sure.

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

76K previews + 85K OD. I guess 500K+ weekend.

Yes surely something between 500k and 600k admissions.

Average start and below the 840k admissions of the first. But don't forget that 2 weeks of vacation is coming tomorrow, so this average start will quickly be overtaken by days of strong weeks.

A final score close to 2 million admissions and the first Venom (2.3M admissions) seems to me to be the goal, it will be a little difficult because of the start but achievable thanks to the holidays.

NB : I personally expect something around 1.8M-2M admissions.

I just saw Venom 2 in theaters and it's one of the WORST movies I've seen in my life. There is nothing that goes, this movie is shitty and just made me lose 1h40 and 8,90€ (sorry I'm a little pissed off but this movie really screwed my mouth). now I understand the dire reviews. I would have hoped that the film flop like that there is no 3rd Venom but unfortunately it starts very well in most of the world markets ...  

Edited by LPLC
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

I actually don't understand bad WoM for Venom 2. Like Venom 1, sure people didn't know what they were getting into it, but sequel they know what's up to grab.

I haven't seen the 2nd yet, and being the one who liked first one, may be I don't like this. But if you didn't like first one, you are almost guaranteed not to second.

• Like 1

And that reflects in its ratings. First Venom 30% critics 81% audience v Venom 2 60% critics 84% audience 

It’s breaking records across the world it’s not got bad WOM

Edited by VENOM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VENOM said:

And that reflects in its ratings. First Venom 30% critics 81% audience v Venom 2 60% critics 84% audience 

It’s breaking records across the world it’s not got bad WOM

Critics are always like that. They can not see how market is being recovered by Venom 2. Overall, I meant to say that they want their favourite film to break records like Venom 2.

• Thanks 1

Honestly, I had seen Venom 1 and I liked it quite a bit. When the 2 came out, I was happy to see the rest and even when I saw the reviews in France (1.5 / 5 press rating and 2.2 / 5 spectator rating). In fact, after seeing this crappy movie, I share these disastrous opinions.

3 hours ago, LPLC said:

Honestly, I had seen Venom 1 and I liked it quite a bit. When the 2 came out, I was happy to see the rest and even when I saw the reviews in France (1.5 / 5 press rating and 2.2 / 5 spectator rating). In fact, after seeing this crappy movie, I share these disastrous opinions.

That’s too bad you didn’t enjoy it and that the rest of the world disagrees. You’ll just have to be in the minority when I say your views will have no impact on it continuing to resonate with audiences and break more records. 

54 minutes ago, VENOM said:

That’s too bad you didn’t enjoy it and that the rest of the world disagrees. You’ll just have to be in the minority when I say your views will have no impact on it continuing to resonate with audiences and break more records. 

I have no doubt that it will be a hit, it's already a hit across the world but I'm sorry I was just expecting a better quality film than that. It is sure that my opinion will have no impact but I have the impression that the film receives a lot of negative reviews everywhere : in France I have already shared the bad reviews of spectators and journalists, in China the film has started with very bad grades on Maoyan and Douban. And on IMdB Venom 2 is 6.4 / 10. Obviously we all know it here, bad WOM = film with less legs and therefore less audience and box office.

4 hours ago, LPLC said:

I have no doubt that it will be a hit, it's already a hit across the world but I'm sorry I was just expecting a better quality film than that. It is sure that my opinion will have no impact but I have the impression that the film receives a lot of negative reviews everywhere : in France I have already shared the bad reviews of spectators and journalists, in China the film has started with very bad grades on Maoyan and Douban. And on IMdB Venom 2 is 6.4 / 10. Obviously we all know it here, bad WOM = film with less legs and therefore less audience and box office.

Its not even out in China and it’s already among the highest grossing movies of all time in a lot of countries, it has great legs. Rotten tomatoes is verified audience reviews and it’s at 84%.

35 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Its not even out in China and it’s already among the highest grossing movies of all time in a lot of countries, it has great legs. Rotten tomatoes is verified audience reviews and it’s at 84%.

https://movie.douban.com/subject/30382416/

In many countries, the film has had great legs ? where ?

And I think it's the biggest movie of all time nowhere (the country where it's closest to being the biggest ever is Russia and it's number 14, which is already very well)

Obviously Venom 2 makes very good numbers but I think it will not be at the same height of the first Venom especially because of China.

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Not really. I have seen audience reaction scores being bad for this in Korea, and 84% RT is not good either. 

Throw in the the B+ Cinemascore too. 

The IMDB score is the worst for a Marvel film since… the first Venom.

Edited by AJG