Eric Atreides

VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE WEEKEND THREAD | 90.1M OW! Biggest pandemic opening!

Damn at Venom 2, 90m could be in the cards.

I will say this though despite my concern of NWH taking away some attention from ITSV2, I do feel confident that if Venom 2 can have a solid increase than maybe ITSV2 can, provided it has a much more uphill battle.

28 minutes ago, Eric Soprano said:

I've already talked about my concerns about the specialty market and adult moviegoers not coming back, but...I'm not really sure why people had high hopes for Titane? Even with its Palme win, the movie's still a weird French-language body horror with a premise that's not going to appeal to the masses. Raw didn't even hit a million back in 2017.

It was not so much "high hopes" but that potential given the 500 theater release and reviews/online buzz

Regarding the Suicide Squad thing, look at another example, the recentish live action TMNT movies.

The first one made a ton of money, but left a bad taste in people’s mouths, when it came time for the sequel, they threw everything at it to win people back.

Casey Jones, Bebop and Rocksteady, Baxter Stockman, Krang, all the favorites, and it still made less than half of the first one, despite generally being regarded as an improvement.

I am so happy for V2! My ex who is also my son’s idiotic father took him to see the first one. I was sort of pissed off because I thought the content would be too much for a child to handle. I mean, who thinks it’s appropriate for a child to watch an alien eating heads? But he loved it. It was all he could talk about for a week and he really wants to see a Venom v Spidey movie. He hasn’t seen this one yet, but is excited about it. Kudos to Sony, Tom Hardy and all involved. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, aabattery said:

When do we start to consider Tom Hardy as a producer on the same level as Kevin Feige (if not higher)?

Once he has 5 movies make the WW top 5 within 10 years of course.   

Considering the brilliance of hardy, should happen any day now :ph34r: