Eric Atreides

VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE WEEKEND THREAD | 90.1M OW! Biggest pandemic opening!

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I was cackling throughout the whole thing but surprisingly little laughs from my crowd for this (the complete opposite of Shang-Chi). Would not be surprised by a B+ cinemascore.

Mine clapped in full after the ending scene - might just need the "cheap seat" folks to show appreciation:)...

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I was really sleep deprived and was kinda dozing off so maybe that influenced my thoughts on this but I watched the original Dracula today and I just found the movie to be a lot more stilted than I expected. I also watched Frankenstein and even with my sleep deprivation, this actually felt like a good movie. Karloff's performance moved me to tears at one point.

And lmao at everyone shitting on Reeves and Ryder's performances in the Coppola version of Dracula when the Harker and Mina performances in this are way worse. 

I agree - having watched the 2 a few years ago almost back to back, Frankenstein was surprisingly emotional and great, but I was let down by Dracula...which is weird, b/c through the ages, Dracula remains the one much more talked about...

15 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Yes,  yes they do - PG 13 was priceless for this movie!:)...

Yep. Sassy anti-hero who does gory stuff in a comical PG-13 way that doesn't scare but always entertains, has quotable lines, is a meme machine, and his bromance with Eddie is endearing af. You cannot help but cheer him. :Venom:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

And they almost banned you for it. People need to learn to live with different opinions, because sometimes that may be the voice of reason. I've been warned for saying stuff that were later proven true, like that Ben Affleck would be down to playing Batman again.

...I don't think you understand the actual cause of the warning in either of these cases

• Like 3

3 hours ago, john2000 said:

now everyone, say a big thank you to shang chi

2 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

or we can say how much Disney clown was to release BW simultaneously on Disney +

*cue cute kid from that taco shell commercial* "Why not both?"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filmscholar said:

Sony really has something Big with this "Venom" Anti-Hero Series.  I also think they should keep the October release.  It kind of works as a comic horror in a way.  Once Spidey can be brought in it's even bigger gangbusters after that.  I've told people that technically speaking Spidey is his OWN UNIVERSE.  He doesn't need anyone else really in his films.  He has plenty of cool villains and side characters.    Disney only has him a few more films.   I don't ever see Sony giving up the rights.   Man, this is crazy that Venom, one of Spidey's wildest villains is getting his own Trilogy and it's successful without Spidey.  Wow.   If you would of told my younger self that a Venom V Carnage would happen without Spidey, I wouldn't believe you. But they really did pull it off.  I guess we are heading for a collusion course.  They going to have to do it at some point.  But those are great numbers especially for October even without the Pandemic.   

Amazon.com: The Amazing Spider-Man #378 : Featuring the Rage of Venom in  "Demons on Broadway" (Maximum Carnage - Marvel Comics): Mark Bagley, David  Michelinie: Books

This is why I laugh when people suggest Sony doesn't need Disney anymore. King Kevin wants to keep playing with Spidey. Sony likes the MCU rub, one way street as it is. The hype of Mad Max clashing with the star of Chaos Walking? License to print money for both Sony and Disney (who gets that Spidey toy dollar.) The relationship is too good for Tom Rothman to go wise guy now. 

• Haha 1