Eric Duncan

VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE WEEKEND THREAD | 90.1M OW! Biggest pandemic opening!

44 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

So I think it's safe (as in it's absolute) that no matter what NTTD or Eternals do, NWH is going to win the opening weekend best for the year. It could very well open to over $200m. 

My question is, what film we be the one (post-pandemic) to open HIGHER than NWH? Let me hear your thoughts!

Probably Wakanda Forever, slim chance for Avatar 2.

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Probably Wakanda Forever, slim chance for Avatar 2.

Wakanda Forever was my thought for a film in 2022. Avatar 2 I think will be in the $125-150m range.

If WF doesn't do it, I'm not sure if anything in 2022 or 2023 will. 

• Like 1

I don’t understand why people responded to me weird when I said that the hype for NWH probably helped Venom 2 this weekend. I didn’t even say that was the sole reason people went to see it, but what’s wrong with pointing that out as a contributing factor? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Wakanda Forever was my thought for a film in 2022. Avatar 2 I think will be in the $125-150m range.

If WF doesn't do it, I'm not sure if anything in 2022 or 2023 will. 

Avatar 2 would have to look really lackluster to open under 200m

• Haha 1

Despite my thoughts on that both Avatar 2 and NWH have a solid chance for a $200m OW, it’s really hard despite on how SW makes it look to hit a 200m OW during the holidays because of how widespread movie going is during that time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

A lot of y'all are gonna be disappointed by Avatar 2's numbers, that much is clear. 

Just like all the Bond fans will be next weekend - oh wait, I'm not supposed to mention that b/c the first rule of the Venom 2 over Bond club is you do not talk about the Venom 2 over Bond club.

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Despite my thoughts on that both Avatar 2 and NWH have a solid chance for a $200m OW, it’s really hard despite on how SW makes it look to hit a 200m OW during the holidays because of how widespread movie going is during that time.

I mean I feel like if anything's going to be seeing a massive rush this year it'll be NWH. Especially if the next trailer confirms the you-know-whos.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Let’s not ever refer to any IP’s owned by Disney and Marvel as “obscure” lol. 

Let's be realistic prior to this movie coming out and being announced ask a hundred people who Shang chi is. What percentage would get it right? 5% maybe?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

A lot of y'all are gonna be disappointed by Avatar 2's numbers, that much is clear. 

But don't you understand delaying the movie six consecutive times only increases the hype........

3 hours ago, Eric Soprano said:

Didn't get to see Frankenstein, but I'm with you on Dracula. The big issue I have is the lack of a score, because it makes things way more stilted than it should be. I do like the atmosphere and Bela Lugosi however, it's no wonder his performance would be the blueprint for decades to come.

I got it yet again at Newark this past Friday. The silent reactions from a crowd of 35-40 year olds was very amusing.

We didn't ban EmpireCity for being right. We banned him because he was being a dick. Being right doesn't give you any excuse to be disrespectful to others or the staff, and we aren't letting this type of behavior slide with people...or at least we should, but insider access is apparently the one justifiable metric for some folks. Honestly, he's damn lucky he gets access to the numbers, because the only reason people defended his bullying behavior is because they can't imagine a world where he doesn't tell us what the box office numbers are.

And I don't remember you ever getting warning points or a threadban for saying Affleck wanted to play Batman again. I have checked your extensive history of warnings and points, and there is nothing here that indicates otherwise. But if I were to guess, I'm 99.99% sure it was because you were being a dick. Because we're totally fine with people giving different opinions, so long as you don't be a dick about it.

Oh he knows. He's just bitter we're holding folks accountable for their actions.

In fairness, you have and have always held a double standard yourself for what is "being a dick" and not.  I seem to remember you outright trolling me when Clifford was pulled from the schedule.  That was somehow acceptable, because it was you.  

Either way, I've more than been nice or played by your rules since and haven't had an issue with anyone.  In fairness, you have had more fights back and forth with posters recently than I have.  

Also, pointing out that I was 1000% right while others shit all over what I was predicting as I backed it up with facts and data and some good ol' fashioned box office analysis isn't being a dick.  That was just facts as has been proven now.  

I don't need access to numbers to be good at what I do.  I'm really damn good at it because I work hard at it and have a damn good track record.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

So I think it's safe (as in it's absolute) that no matter what NTTD or Eternals do, NWH is going to win the opening weekend best for the year. It could very well open to over $200m. 

My question is, what film we be the one (post-pandemic) to open HIGHER than NWH? Let me hear your thoughts!

It is way early, but I think Jurassic World 3 has a shot, especially with most of the original cast back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

It is way early, but I think Jurassic World 3 has a shot, especially with most of the original cast back. 

Even with the fall from JW to JW:FK? I. I don't see/feel a turnaround in interest or the fanbase that would make me think it'll jump over 33% from FK. 

Honestly, I would think it would drop and be in the $125-140m range.

• Like 1