Eric Atreides

VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE WEEKEND THREAD | 90.1M OW! Biggest pandemic opening!

7 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Ha, good luck with that. Y'all letting that blowhard remain here all this time instead of banning him like he's earned, repeatedly, is sad. Ahh well, he occasionally provides numbers so being a huge dipshit is acceptable. 

All these flavors and you choose salty....

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

This is the month where everyone that gave me shit and doubted what I said in August can eat a big ass plate of crow.  

Welcome to October.  Enjoy the ride.  

Preach. You deserve to serve crow after all the shit I witnessed thrown at you. The smartest man in the room is rarely noticed til it's too late

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Dont know about everyone else but busy weekend at the cinemas for me this weekend. Titane on Friday, Dracula+Frankenstein double feature and Venom 2 on Saturday, and Spirited Away 20th Anniversary on Sunday.

I will be seeing Venom tonight, Tammy Faye and skyfall tomorrow, and 35mm screenings of Rancho Notorious and An Autumn Afternoon on Sunday woo being busy at da movies

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I want to see how headlines are going to play with the word carnage when they report Venom's boxoffice. 

"venoms carnage  costed 12 mill previews , to the dom market" 👀 

Edited by john2000

11 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

Venom 2 has to have impossible legs for that to happen. If 90M OW happens and it matches the first movie’s legs, it’s still “only” 240M. I guess it really depends what your expectations for Eternals is because I think it’ll clear that with plenty of breathing room.

I'm not as high on Eternals as many are...I think it's gonna be a huge base draw, but its GA appeal outside of the huge base seems to skew to groups not yet showing...so we'll see how Bond does before I say Eternals beats Shang Chi, for example...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eric Soprano said:

https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-box-office-forecast-venom-let-there-be-carnage-the-addams-family-2-the-many-saints-of-newark/

Film Distributor 3-Day Weekend Forecast Projected Domestic Total through Sunday, October 3 Location Count % Change from Last Wknd
Venom: Let There Be Carnage Sony Pictures / Columbia $71,000,000 $71,000,000 4,225 NEW
The Addams Family 2 United Artists Releasing $16,100,000 $16,100,000 4,207 NEW
The Many Saints of Newark Warner Bros. Pictures $9,000,000 $9,000,000 ~3,300 NEW
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Disney / Marvel Studios $6,200,000 $206,100,000 3,455 -52%
Dear Evan Hansen Universal Pictures $2,800,000 $12,200,000 3,364 -62%
Free Guy 20th Century Studios $2,300,000 $117,600,000 2,545 -44%
Candyman Universal Pictures $1,500,000 $59,200,000 1,745 -41%
Jungle Cruise Walt Disney Studios $900,000 $116,300,000 1,375 -48%

Forecast already $6M above previous topline tracking - I like it:)...

8 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Dont know about everyone else but busy weekend at the cinemas for me this weekend. Titane on Friday, Dracula+Frankenstein double feature and Venom 2 on Saturday, and Spirited Away 20th Anniversary on Sunday.

When my kids took gothic lit, we watched both of those classic movies - the history of the Frankenstein one and what was cut and then uncut is fascinating - I hope you enjoy them before we compare notes on Venom!:)

42 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I want to see how headlines are going to play with the word carnage when they report Venom's boxoffice. 

It probably won't be Carnage...it will probably be something like "Monsters Mash the Box Office - Venom Victorious!  New Covid Era Box Office Weekend Record!

Deadline., you can Paypal me my fee...

17 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It probably won't be Carnage...it will probably be something like "Monsters Mash the Box Office - Venom Victorious!  New Covid Era Box Office Weekend Record!

Deadline., you can Paypal me my fee...

"Venom wreaks carnage among the holdovers" :stirthepot:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Venom inflict carnage at the box office just like Covid-19.....

:hahaha:

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The most exciting number of the weekend will be James Bond in the UK. Sorry Venom 2. 

No Time To Die is on track for an opening of £20m, the equivalent of a $200m US opener. 

Either way, Naomi Harris wins. :stirthepot:

• Haha 1

Just now, Krissykins said:

The most exciting number of the weekend will be James Bond in the UK. Sorry Venom 2. 

No Time To Die is on track for an opening of £20m, the equivalent of a $200m US opener. 

ehh. Venom 2 Russia wins it. $225-250M equivalent.

if that doesn't interest you, there's a film in China literally opening to $200M.

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

ehh. Venom 2 Russia wins it. $225-250M equivalent.

if that doesn't interest you, there's a film in China literally opening to $200M.

I said exciting 😂

I don’t follow China or their box office.