baumer

Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

Discuss  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Rate it

Here's a film that many didn't care for, and that was kind of how I felt as well when i first saw it.  But I rewatched it just last night and it's not nearly as bad I thought it was.  Yep, another film that has gotten better with age.

The story is a bit more bold than Craven's.  In the 84 version Krueger is a child murderer.  Craven wrote him to be a child molester, but they took that out to not make it as disturbing.  This one they go all out and confirm that he is.  

Jackie Earl is quite good as Freddy also, it's not his fault that is such a legend.  No one will ever match what Englund did or Freddy, but Haley is good here and puts his own spin on Freddy.

There's quite a few homages in here towards the original as well. 

It's got some good atmosphere and some nice kills as well.  It's not as good as the original but it's still a decent horror movie.

7/10

Liked it better when I watched it a second time (now I saw that I'm not the first person with that impression). Maybe I expected too much when I saw it for the first time. IMO the film is ok (6.5/10).
PS: Didn't know that a 4th film exists. I saw 2 & 3 not long ago and yes, that one with the group wasn't bad either.

Edited by el sid

9 hours ago, el sid said:

Liked it better when I watched it a second time (now I saw that I'm not the first person with that impression). Maybe I expected too much when I saw it for the first time. IMO the film is ok (6.5/10).
PS: Didn't know that a 4th film exists. I saw 2 & 3 not long ago and yes, that one with the group wasn't bad either.

A 4th🙃😄

Including Freddy v Jason there were 8 movies before the remake. Plus a TV series that ran for 2-3 years. We got a lot of Freddy back them from 1984-1994

• Haha 1

The film introduced some cool new concepts like "micro-naps and Freddy still torturing you because your brain doesn't shut down immediately after you die"

I thought Jackie Earl was great as Freddy. I personally loved his look and mannerisms but I HATED his voice. You can tell it was altered. Nancy was sorta disappointing since the original Nancy as a certain fire in her and I felt this Nancy was honestly dull as shit but the script did her no favors whatsoever