Eric Duncan

NO TIME TO DIE WEEKEND THREAD | Bond 56M, Venom 32M

28 minutes ago, John Marston said:

All right fine, let superhero movies be the only thing people go out to see

You'd think people would get tired of quipping CGI poop monsters and buildings exploding eventually... but they don't. I like them as much as everyone else (obviously) but the idea of a 150 min Eternals is exhausting. I'd like to go to the theater and watch adults have a conversation without every cut lasting shorter than 5 seconds

Go to the theaters and the trailers for Licorice Pizza, Nightmare Alley... these do nothing for them??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Thinking 17+, let's see where it lands at end of day.

Venom 2 9.5-10

Very good Venom number after the weekdays - doom and gloom for that movie's weekend might have been premature (I said low $20s seemed nuts...although this does seem to prove more and more theaters are shutting down in whole or part on weekdays, so it will be harder to glean trends from weekday numbers for legs)...

29 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Did Deadline just failed their way in getting NTTD right. 👀

Nah, they originally went $60M up to over Venom 2 and possibly 3 digits - can that range even be right?...and they probably only went that low for the bottom b/c they read our posts:)...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

But Venom 2 isn't Mickey or Disney, even though they'd REALLY like it to be:)...

See that's the secret. People think Venom 2 is Disney. Sony's tricked the masses, therefore it is not affected by Mickey's Law. It's all coming together, you see

roll-safe-clever.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

26 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

Where is Bond's young demographic? Is Bond not relatable enough to millennials and gen Z? 

Imo, though I like the Bond movies well enough, I don't see what they have that will make them a big young draw, at least in the USA where there's no special national attachment to the character. The plots are not particularly different than other spy movies, and the action is good but nothing that really stands out. Their biggest appeal is the character and the tradition but I think Bond is a more relatable character for older audiences, and the tradition doesn't appeal as much if you didn't grow up with these movies. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

But Venom 2 isn't Mickey or Disney, even though they'd REALLY like it to be:)...

As you can see from my name, it's an honory member of the club and thereby protected from Mickey's Law ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Imo, though I like the Bond movies well enough, I don't see what they have that will make them a big young draw, at least in the USA where there's no special national attachment to the character. The plots are not particularly different than other spy movies, and the action is good but nothing that really stands out. Their biggest appeal is the character and the tradition but I think Bond is a more relatable character for older audiences, and the tradition doesn't appeal as much if you didn't grow up with these movies. 

IDK if spy movies are popular with young people in general. Fallout had more than half its OW audience be over 35.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

NO TIME TO DIE (2021)A-

Called it. The correlation between RT verified and Cinemascore is extremely strong at this point. Speaks well of the reliability of the RT score. I'm actually surprised at how well this works -- would think self-selection would bias the RT more. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 7