Eric Duncan

NO TIME TO DIE WEEKEND THREAD | Bond 56M, Venom 32M

Just now, Blankments said:

alternatively if you want the internet to get very thirsty, cast Dev Patel as Bond and Idris Elba as the villain

I NEED THIS IN MY VEINS NOW THAT IS SO FUCKING SEXY WHAT THE H*CK

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Just read on Reddit how there are no “Bond marathons” on TV anymore. While it probably wouldn’t matter these days, it probably helped the Brosnan films back in the day 

The Bond marathons are on Pluto TV now.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

One thing I will say anecdotally is that the "finale factor" didn't really resonate among many people I know in real life, given that this is a franchise that changes actors regularly and most people didn't even realize this was a big deal. I think that we might have just misjudged that element.

Yeah, it’s happened like five times already (not including the non-Broccoli Bon Connery did as a one off). How can it be a finale when we all know a new Bond is gonna show up in a couple years and things go on as usual?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Yeah, it’s happened like five times already (not including the non-Broccoli Bon Connery did as a one off). How can it be a finale when we all know a new Bond is gonna show up in a couple years and things go on as usual?

NTTD is a swansong to Craig as Bond, not Bond.  They were banking on Craig as Bond love.  Not there as much as they thought.

14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

NTTD is a swansong to Craig as Bond, not Bond.  They were banking on Craig as Bond love.  Not there as much as they thought.

I think if Craig looked like he was more into Bond during Spectre and here, the audience might have come with him a bit more. He's looked about done with Bond for half a decade now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think if Craig looked like he was more into Bond during Spectre and here, the audience might have come with him a bit more. He's looked about done with Bond for half a decade now.

True.  "I'd rather slit my wrists" is hardly audience bonding material. :lol:

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I think that Spectre hurt this. People didn't like it and NTTD is a direct sequel or Pt 2 if you will, without a special event such as 50th Anniversary to offset an unpopular predecessor  (which Skyfall had to its advantage). Also, since end of Craig Era =/= End of Bond (they are already talking casting in 2022), it isn't an actual "end of the franchise" boxoffice booster, though those don't always work. For every ROTK/DH2/Endgame there's TROS/War of TPOTA/Mockingjay2. 

Oh who am I kidding. Billie ain't no Adele. :lol:

spectre and the uncharismatic lea sydoux. should have killed her off screen after spectre or something and make ana de armas the main girl lol

As much as I've declared adult moviegoing dead, I think Top Gun bout to blow up huge. It's been a long time since I've had as many randos who never see movies tell me they're so excited to go to a movie. It's like The Force Awakens for white dudes in their late 30s/early 40s. It will have most of the Bond crowd, plus the 80s nostalgia crowd and some of the American Sniper crowd. If I had any faith in Paramount not to fuck up marketing and jettison it to Paramount+, I'd probably be predicting 100m OW.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The next Bond has to be a crypto investor and stop an Elon Musk-like villain from destroying the world. A modern day Moonraker.

They should make a reboot of Goldfinger with Goldfinger as a crypto guy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

As much as I've declared adult moviegoing dead, I think Top Gun bout to blow up huge. It's been a long time since I've had as many randos who never see movies tell me they're so excited to go to a movie. It's like The Force Awakens for white dudes in their late 30s/early 40s. It will have most of the Bond crowd, plus the 80s nostalgia crowd and some of the American Sniper crowd. If I had any faith in Paramount not to fuck up marketing and jettison it to Paramount+, I'd probably be predicting 100m OW.

In theory Top Gun should be bigger than Bond domestically. It's more iconic in the US, Cruise is more of a draw than Craig, and the aerial combat is unique compared to other action films. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 3