Eric Duncan

NO TIME TO DIE WEEKEND THREAD | Bond 56M, Venom 32M

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Am looking at 18.5-19 for 007 and 12.5 for V2. Let's check in couple of hours.

Two questions:

1. we have someone with a similar name on WOKJ. Same person?

2. And are you like rth? Someone with early exhibitor tracking access… 

I was a high volume poster in the early 2000s (BOM boards). More of a lurker now so excuse the ignorance. 🙂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Two questions:

1. we have someone with a similar name on WOKJ. Same person?

2. And are you like rth? Someone with early exhibitor tracking access… 

I was a high volume poster in the early 2000s (BOM boards). More of a lurker now so excuse the ignorance. 🙂

For question 2, I believe people here call Rth as "Asgard" and Charlie as "Asgard 3". Empire City is "2" i think 👀

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Goldeneye Is a good game but damn some of its fans really overhype it. No it’s not the best shooting game ever made

Also there are some arguably better Bond  games like Nightfire and Everything or Nothing 

Goldeneye was one of the first FPS games to become mega-popular on consoles.

It will always have a special place in video game history. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Goldeneye Is a good game but damn some of its fans really overhype it. No it’s not the best shooting game ever made

Also there are some arguably better Bond  games like Nightfire and Everything or Nothing 

Had a ton of fun with the Nightfire multiplayer back in the day (Sentinel only lol). Used to think that Everything or Nothing was super cinematic. Watching the cutscenes now though... eh... Willem Dafoe would have been fun in an actual movie.

49 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Anyone miss video game tie ins to movies. Trying to think when was the last big one before studios stopped having them made.

Amazing Spider-Man 2, unless you count Lego games, cheap shovelware or things like the Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom remake releasing around the same time as the third spongebob movie

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eric Safin said:

As somebody with zero nostalgia for Bond, that film just flat-out rules. Michelle Yeoh's amazing, Brosnan's having a good time, Jonathan Pryce is basically a mix of Rupert Murdoch and Steve Jobs, but somehow even more evil. It's amazing.

The whole handcuffed escape, followed by the motorbike/helicopter chase! One of the best action sequences in the whole franchise. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 5:30 AM, Chicago said:

So have nurses, don't see them going on strike. But yeah I'm the clown. Everyone all over the world have had to add covid measures, these people are no different 

Then you literally haven't being paying attention.  Hell there have been two nursing strikes in the US (if not from the US, then my apologies), in literally the last 5 days.  There were numerous strikes and walkouts during the last year and a a half year.  Most didn't make national news, but many did.  At least 7 strikes in 2020 before Sept 15 of 2020, and several that happened later in the year and through this year.  And just for coincidence sake in July of this year 900 nurse striked in Chicago (Have no idea if your screen name has any bearing on your location).

And they also have had record levels of nurses quitting, or retiring early, and that's not counting those who have walked off due to mandatory vaccination policies.  

And to show how short one company is a chain fast food restaurant called Raising Cane's Chicken which has 500 drivethru's is rotating its corporate office staff and putting 1/3rd of them in the stores working cashiers, and cooking, 1/3 stay in covering the work of the full cooperate staff, and the other 1/3 is out recruiting.  And every two weeks is rotating those corporate workers.  And they are raising wages between 17 and 25% for store staff.

In my town I already mentioned how fast foods chains are paying 2 to 3 dollars more then what they paid a year ago to try and keep staff.  Two of the stores a Wendy's and Taco Bell is offering those higher rates, and paying people nightly to try and make sure people stay. 

Edited by Newbie

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Anyone miss video game tie ins to movies. Trying to think when was the last big one before studios stopped having them made.

1 hour ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Amazing Spider-Man 2, unless you count Lego games, cheap shovelware or things like the Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom remake releasing around the same time as the third spongebob movie

Funny enough the tom cruise mummy movie had a game. And it was actually pretty damn good. It was a 2D metroidvania esque shoot em up.

Also, best video game movie tie in, chronicles of riddick. Game was so good.