Eric Atreides

NO TIME TO DIE WEEKEND THREAD | Bond 56M, Venom 32M

22 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Screw the box office this weekend, that Fury V Wilder fight was the best piece of entertainment to come out of the week. Poor Wilder

Tyson destroyed him. 
Was like a boxing metaphor for the current state of U.K. vs US box office. 

14 minutes ago, Chicago said:

It might also be because both the Franchise were based on British books. I think FOTR is one of our most impressive runs considering it got so close to the hugely hyped Harry Potter here. Unlike the US too, LOTR peaked with the first movie. 

Good point! I'm looking at POTC numbers and DMC almost made 100M in UK. Another property that's heavily influenced by British naval lore. I also remember someone saying that AWE dropped because it made the Royal Navy into the bad guys and Brits didn't like that. UK is a quite a power when they rally behind a movie or a franchise. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Good point! I'm looking at POTC numbers and DMC almost made 100M in UK. Another property that's heavily influenced by British naval lore. I also remember someone saying that AWE dropped because it made the Royal Navy into the bad guys and Brits didn't like that. UK is a quite a power when they rally behind a movie or a franchise. 

I'm pretty AWE held up better in the UK than it did in the US so I can't see that. We were the baddies in the first 2 movies and we didn't care, the British fleet getting destroyed at the end was the movies saving grace, the rest of the movie was shit. We don't tend to look at movies like that because we are the baddies in most iconic movies anyway, we may have a chuckle here and there but it mostly goes unnoticed. A baddie simply isn't a baddie if he doesn't have a British accent 

Edited by Chicago
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

Tyson destroyed him. 
Was like a boxing metaphor for the current state of U.K. vs US box office. 

I had Fury to win on round 2, 4 or 6 but I didn't expect Wilder to show the heart he did. Definitely surpassed me expectations. I guess Wilder and AJ should fight

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AJG said:

There was only 2 good ones

pc-and-video-games-games-ps3-xmen-originimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQ8FnLrQQjHNjQV4XeMdD

They were planning on a game based on The Dark Knight.

I mean Batman Begins the game was solid on ps2. Lol. Those times... haha.

Can't imagine how many hours I would have spent if the planned The Dark Knight game was somewhat similar to the Arkham games which came after.

Edited by TigerPaw

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

AWE dropped because it was a bloated mess, not because the Brits were the baddies, we’re really not that fickle.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Chicago said:

Never in a million years would 2 people be able to control a motorbike like that

No one watches Bond movies for plausibility, or to see things that would happen in a million years.

• Like 1

DL feel so hard on the DOM opening

Sunday AM: Refresh for more analysis, chart coming… When it comes to Bond and the box office, the world is enough, and the bigger exclamation as we first told you earlier this week was going to be in No Time to Die‘s global figure, comprised of its opening weekend domestic and second weekend abroad. We’ll have that number soon, but we’ve heard there’s great holds throughout Europe, and with even bigger riches ahead in China when the Cary Joji Fukunaga film lands there. The MGM/United Artist Releasing/Universal/Eon title is now expected to make $56M in its first three days in U.S. and Canada, after a steeper Saturday than expected against Friday/previews with $18.1M, -22%. Tracking and UAR always expected the movie to opening between $55M-$60M, and somehow the greater PR narrative on the film seemed to position the 25th Bond as thought it was going to play like a Marvel movie; that was never in the cards at the domestic B.O. Thirty-nine percent of the audience was between 18-34 versus Venom: Let There Be Carnage‘s first weekend grab of that crowd which was 64%. Among all Bond movies, No Time to Die is the fourth biggest at the domestic B.O. after Skyfall ($88.3M), Spectre ($70.4M) and Quantum of Solace ($67.5M).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone thinking that vaccine cards curb theatrical business, think again. New York City, where vax cards are enforced was the top market for No Time to Die in the nation with AMC Lincoln Square being the pic’s top destination.

implement them everywhere please

• Like 1