Eric Atreides

NO TIME TO DIE WEEKEND THREAD | Bond 56M, Venom 32M

7 hours ago, Ronin46 said:

Top 20 is Lord of the Rings (FOR) at 63m pounds so its definitely beating that. Top 10 is Harry Potter (GOF) at 73 so maybe a little more than that based on its 2nd weekend hold. 

its definitely getting to £80 million in my opinion. So top six or seven.  Then it’s anyone’s guess as to where it finishes. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

its definitely getting to £80 million in my opinion. So top six or seven.  Then it’s anyone’s guess as to where it finishes. 

If it keeps going at the current rate, it'll make a run at Endgame to reach the top 5 all time. Which will have 3 Bond movies at that point, Avatar and Force Awakens 

Love this little tidbit from the Deadline International report this weekend about Bond in the UK :

"In a fun set of stats, Odeon said it sold 6 tons of Pick’n’Mix; popcorn weighing the same as 23 Aston Martin DB5s and enough soft drinks to fill its petrol tank up nearly 3,000 times."

• Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

26 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

If it keeps going at the current rate, it'll make a run at Endgame to reach the top 5 all time. Which will have 3 Bond movies at that point, Avatar and Force Awakens 

absolutely wild stuff. 

Time for a change clearly. Lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

absolutely wild stuff. 

I mean, a bond movie doing absurdly well in the UK tells you almost nothing.    

The drop from spectre isn't that bad domestically though, so I agree they can/should/will just continue along as normal when it comes to the next bond entry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

absolutely wild stuff. 

It makes me laugh because Americans were trying to tell JK Rowling how to run her franchise too, and how to think for that matter. We saw how quickly they killed Star Wars 🤣

The fact that Bond's going to end up surpassing F9 after Spectre's performance is a testament to the franchise's staying power.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago said:

It makes me laugh because Americans were trying to tell JK Rowling how to run her franchise too, and how to think for that matter.

Uhhhhh...   

You *are* aware of the current state of the wizarding world franchise, right?

• Sad 1

Aside from the incredible U.K. run, it seems clear the rest of the international market is also siding with BOT’s US gang calling for a rethink….

The overall drop from opening in 38 Universal markets was 32% while MGM’s 16 were off by 41%. 

People really don’t like the movie, clearly. 

“On 1,056 screens in France, NTTD bowed to $10.1M, in like with Skyfall and setting a new bar for the biggest opening of the pandemic era”

A disaster in France I see. 

Germany is at $32.7M, off 22% from opening”

The Germans aren’t fussed either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I mean Craig franchise is already dead. 🙃

Ah yes over 700mill worlwide in a pandemic market...horrible way to die..How will the James Bond franchise survive now ..:redcapes:

• Thanks 1