Eric Atreides

NO TIME TO DIE WEEKEND THREAD | Bond 56M, Venom 32M

Where’s all the doom and gloom come from? We haven’t even have a number yet have we? 

I was expecting $60-70 million by the end of Sunday all along, and would never be swayed by some ‘tracking’ article that came out of nowhere earlier in the week. 

32 minutes ago, XO21 said:

65-70m it's totally fine. People who are disappointed should keep their expectations in check for Eternals though.

Eternals needs to beat NTTD by at least 50% to avoid flopping :Venom:

• Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Wait, No Time To Die is Time To Flop? What happened? Real or the usual BOT floptalk to bide time? :lol:

It *appears* — still don’t even have so much as a Wed actual yet — that it’s headed for the 60s. That’s a pretty solid result taking a step back, 3rd biggest bond (far worse adjusted, but hey, it is a pandemic still somewhat). But it’s also below where it looked a few days ago, and below certain chatter and ranges, and a bit of a comedown from last wknd’s shock record breaker which had people jazzed for oct. So people are a  little cool on it compared to the alternate timeline where we were getting the same exact number after V2 did 60, bop was saying 45-65, and ps had pointed to 55-60.

I'm thinking it opens lower than Spectre but higher than Quantum. Long runtimes are a huge gamble for non-Marvel movies, and older audiences (which are Bond's bread and butter) are not interested in going to theaters right now. I personally think little kids not being able to get the vaccine is a big factor here. A lot of these adults also happen to be parents, and they definitely don't want to risk the lives of their vulnerable children. Once that vaccine is approved, then I think we'll start seeing older folks returning to the movies.

I'm honestly surprised no one online has brought this up as a possibility.

3 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Yeah, workers being overworked after a pandemic with new strict, flawed safety protocols for demeaning pay.. they’re so lazy! 

They are lazy lol. Everyone who had the luxury of an 18 months break has been lazy since the pandemic ended and I don't blame them if they've been used to not working. But don't make out that they are hard done by. They should be happy to be back at work but instead everyone is moaning that they actually have to earn their money now

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2

I think y'all are ignorning the most important factor. Why exactly would NTTD open better than Spectre?

There is no new attraction which can increment the numbers. It is basically just another Bond film which mostly aged people watch, not adding newer fans, so just like any ageing franchise, its gonna open lower.

Rest all is just noise.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jamiem said:

With what is going on with IATSE right now plus retail workers being treated like shit during the pandemic due to enforcing mask wearing, social distancing etc. I 100% side with the staff over the theatre chains here, if that means slightly less box office so be it. 

If the chains want workers to come back offer better pay and work conditions, pretty simple (would also be my advice with studios and the crews) 

Oh no you had to ask people to wear mask and keep socially distance just like EVERY JOB IN THE WORLD.

I'd just fire you all and employ others. Its not a hard job to replace and there's alot looking for jobs out there at the moment. These people have had a year off and the first thing they do when they get back is complain? How privileged 

Edited by Chicago
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think y'all are ignorning the most important factor. Why exactly would NTTD open better than Spectre?

There is no new attraction which can increment the numbers. It is basically just another Bond film which mostly aged people watch, not adding newer fans, so just like any ageing franchise, its gonna open lower.

Rest all is just noise.

I am not a huge expert on bond franchise history, but this is the Craig finale and some finale bump is not uncommon iirc. In normalcy it would definitely beat specte nominal. I don’t think it would beat Skyfall nominal though since it is coming off reception of spectre, and certainly not beating Skyfall adjusted which was a clear overperformer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Rest all is just noise.

I'd say being his last Bond movie and having better reviews and WOM is the attraction

Besides, it's surely too early to be dishing out estimates?

Edited by Chicago

4 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Oh no you had to ask people to wear mask and keep socially distance just like EVERY BOSS IN THE WORLD.

I'd just fire you all and employ others. Its not a hard job to replace and there's alot looking for jobs out there at the moment. These people have had a year off and the first thing they do when they get back is complain? How privileged 

You seem comically misinformed about the job market right now. It is hard to find new workers!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Let There Be Legion said:

I am not a huge expert on bond franchise history, but this is the Craig finale and some finale bump is not uncommon iirc. In normalcy it would definitely beat specte nominal. I don’t think it would beat Skyfall nominal though since it is coming off reception of spectre, and certainly not beating Skyfall adjusted which was a clear overperformer.

seeing the trailers, they really didnt market it that way ,imo they seem to market is like another bond movie

16 minutes ago, john2000 said:

seeing the trailers, they really didnt market it that way ,imo they seem to market is like another bond movie

This trailer does a good job of marketing the movie as a conclusion and I do think general awareness that this is Craig's last movie is high. Maybe in the other trailers and TV spots it could have been pushed a bit more.