Eric Duncan

DC Fandome 2021 Discussion Thread

I know it seems like I was bellyaching a lot during this, but this was a good presentation, even if I think the pacing is wonky and there was a bit too much focus on the content few would be invested into. Obviously you're not going to like everything they put out, but it's clear there's a lot to look forward to and they did a good job presenting them. If they put out a detailed schedule beforehand saying what time what movie or show would get a focus on, I think there would be a lot less irritation from people, because they could just come back at a later time.

• Like 8

Just now, Eric Atreides said:

I know it seems like I was bellyaching a lot during this, but this was a good presentation, even if I think the pacing is wonky and there was a bit too much focus on the content few would be invested into. Obviously you're not going to like everything they put out, but it's clear there's a lot to look forward to and they did a good job presenting them. If they put out a detailed schedule beforehand saying what time what movie or show would get a focus on, I think there would be a lot less irritation from people, because they could just come back at a later time.

Agree with you. They should have put out schedule.

32 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Yeah for hardcore DC fans this should have been great, it was just annoying having to watch all the CW shows segments lol.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

Yeah for hardcore DC fans this should have been great, it was just annoying having to watch all the CW shows segments lol.

The comic book stuff was tough too. I don't think the comic audience and the movie audience overlaps to the extent DC want it to.

I think they could organise it a bit better for example have say the 1st section devoted to the CW shows, 2nd section  devoted to animated content, video games and comics, 3rd section devoted to HBO Max shows and then lastly the movies. 

Overall was pretty decent just wished they maybe had one surprise up their sleeves to drop (for example reveal if there are additional 2023 theatrical movies etc). 

9 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I think they could organise it a bit better for example have say the 1st section devoted to the CW shows, 2nd section  devoted to animated content, video games and comics, 3rd section devoted to HBO Max shows and then lastly the movies. 

Overall was pretty decent just wished they maybe had one surprise up their sleeves to drop (for example reveal if there are additional 2023 theatrical movies etc). 

Exactly. I mean I can't count how many times I turned it off because of a CW show and turn it back on to see if there's something interesting. I recognize that there is an audience for these shows even though I can't find anything remotely decent on them so they should have just kept them separately.