PanaMovie

THE BATMAN OS THREAD - 745M WW so far

If we compare with Joker.

Joker gets around 390m in Europe, 80m in Latin America and 260m from rest of the world.

I would expect Batman get 275m from Europe, 90m from Latin America and 235m from rest of the world. So 600m i predict.

Batman always big in UK so 60m+ should be possible ( hopefully 70m+) and in Asia it should get better number than Joker. Also it probably will get better number in Brazil and Mexico than Joker.

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 1

I would expect about €10m from Spain, similar to TDK, TDKR and BvS. More than that would surprise me pleasantly.

Talking about global figures, I am still thinking in $400m OS. Maybe $450m (of course, always asuming that it will not have a Chinese release)

Edited by peludo

9 hours ago, RJ 95 said:

10 minutes ago, peludo said:

I would expect about €10m from Spain, similar to TDK, TDKR and BvS. More than that would surprise me pleasantly.

Talking about global figures, I am still thinking in $400m OS. Maybe $450m (of course, always asuming that it will not have a Chinese release)

Is there any big holiday or student holiday before Easter in Spain ? 

Edited by RJ 95

1 hour ago, RJ 95 said:

Is there any big holiday or student holiday before Easter in Spain ? 

There are some local/regional holidays along March, specially March 19th in Valencia region. But there are not national holidays until Easter.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RJ 95 said:

I would expect Batman get 275m from Europe, 90m from Latin America and 235m from rest of the world. So 600m i predict.

Not sure on Latam. I still believe pre-release Joker was gaining more momentum. And of course ER are not the same; take Brazil where NWH will finish 10% below EG in lc but about 30% in USD. In Mexico is +8% in lc but -3% in USD.

• Thanks 1

I'm very curious to see how it will do here in Italy, Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises made 9.5M and 14.7M euros while Batman v Superman 10.5M, also considering the good popularity of the actor (due to Twilight...) I think grossing over 10 million is quite likely

On 2/9/2022 at 1:15 PM, peludo said:

With China release confirmed, I rise my OS prediction to $550m.

Seeing that it wiil get china release i thin 500-700m OS will be the range. Seems like it will totally depend on WOM if it want to reach 600m or more because presale seems really slow now.

Hopefully at least it can surpass TDKR as the biggest Batman movie.

Edited by RJ 95

On 2/9/2022 at 1:36 PM, RJ 95 said:

If we compare with Joker.

Joker gets around 390m in Europe, 80m in Latin America and 260m from rest of the world.

Batman always big in UK so 60m+ should be possible ( hopefully 70m+) and in Asia it should get better number than Joker. Also it probably will get better number in Brazil and Mexico than Joker.

Joker was released pre pandemic. Movies post pandemic will show drops as streaming is competitive.

Edited by Halba

On 2/14/2022 at 8:57 PM, RJ 95 said:

Seeing that it wiil get china release i thin 500-700m OS will be the range. Seems like it will totally depend on WOM if it want to reach 600m or more because presale seems really slow now.

Hopefully at least it can surpass TDKR as the biggest Batman movie.

Joker Performance in LA is Blockbuster level,I don't think Batman can match that easily

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

Personally I predict Batman will take $80-100m from China.

Batman have same situation as James Bond in China:The Character is well-known and nearly everybody heard of them,but they are not popular nowadays,not many young people like and talk about Batman,So I think Batman performance in China will same as NTTD.

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1