PanaMovie

THE BATMAN OS THREAD - 745M WW so far

TDKR did $632m 10 years ago. Only $52m from China. 

BVS did $533m 6 yers ago w/ pathetic WOM. Did $95m in China. 

JOKR did $738m 2 years ago. No China.

Assuming THE BATMAN is well received, I thin we are looking at $275m China + $950m elsewhere for $1.25b overseas. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

On 10/17/2021 at 8:09 AM, GoblinXXR said:

$500-700m OS-China
$100-150m China (if released) 

Tdkr only did 50m in China.Tdk and Joker didn't get a release.if the Batman get a released,60-70m is more realistic imo.The Batman don't  have strong hype in  China after bvs and jl.

Edited by SliverS

7 minutes ago, SliverS said:

Tdkr only did 50m in China.Tdk and Joker didn't get a release.if the Batman get a released,60-70m is more realistic imo.The Batman don't  have strong hype in  China after bvs and jl.

The Chinese market is several orders of magnitude bigger than it was when TDKR released.

On 12/26/2021 at 2:25 PM, RiddlerXXR said:

The Chinese market is several orders of magnitude bigger than it was when TDKR released.

After bvs  and jl,DC films don't have strong  hype  in China.Aquaman is a surprise.WW84 and Shazam disappointed.60-70m is more realistic imo.btw Venom and NWH don't  get a release in China this year.if the Batman  get a  release,it's  better  than  nothing.

I am seeing extremely huge predictions here. I do not see those +500m OS. Although the release date is very good since this covid wave will probably be over by then, this is a new reboot of the character. This is by far my favorite SH character and I wish it could make tons of money to take back the throne, but to be a so dark film it is not definitely a pro. I would be satisfied with 300 DOM+400 OS-C

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, peludo said:

I am seeing extremely huge predictions here. I do not see those +500m OS. Although the release date is very good since this covid wave will probably be over by then, this is a new reboot of the character. This is by far my favorite SH character and I wish it could make tons of money to take back the throne, but to be a so dark film it is not definitely a pro. I would be satisfied with 300 DOM+400 OS-C

$400M OS when Joker did over $730M would be a fail, IMO. Needs to get to at least $550M without China.

20 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

$400M OS when Joker did over $730M would be a fail, IMO. Needs to get to at least $550M without China.

Joker was a rare phenomenon. I would not take it as a fair comparison. Let's remember that TDK did barely over 450m OS without China. And TDKR did not reach 600m OS without China being the sequel of the best SH film ever and the end of the trilogy. This is a reboot. And it looks really dark and depressing when today people seem to prefer colors and jokes.

12 minutes ago, peludo said:

Joker was a rare phenomenon. I would not take it as a fair comparison. Let's remember that TDK did barely over 450m OS without China. And TDKR did not reach 600m OS without China being the sequel of the best SH film ever and the end of the trilogy. This is a reboot. And it looks really dark and depressing when today people seem to prefer colors and jokes.

Those movies were also 10 and 14 years ago. Superhero movies in general are much bigger around the globe. 

1 hour ago, peludo said:

We say this every 2 months but I agree on 300DM and 400OS-C

Edited by Fox20

29 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

Those movies were also 10 and 14 years ago. Superhero movies in general are much bigger around the globe. 

I am very conscious about the inflation, but taking into account the reasons I gave before, I find it a reasonable result. I insist that I wish it could make way bigger numbers. The film looks amazing, but the tone does not seem very friendly. It does not fit with the formula which guarantees the success today, and that can hurt its final result. Colorful and funny SH films are today bigger, and this is not one of them.

28 minutes ago, JonahVex said:

Aquaman made $856 WW not including China, The Batman has basically 0 competition in March and even leading up to it is a barren wasteland. I think it can get to $900-1bil without China provided COVID isn't raging/causing lockdowns and the movie is well recieved

I really really wish you are right