Porthos

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ETERNALS ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS***

I get that it isn't really a spoiler cause it isn't a plot point. he comes to Earth. Normies don't even know that he's Thanos little bro. I dunno, oes he break the fourth wall and say I'm Thanos brother or comic book fans figured he was Eros/Starfox somehow? Maybe Pip calls him Eros? Whatever. Point is, hype is squarely on his being Harry Styles rather than what implications for MCU future his character could have.

Funny enough, I always expected them to pull that kind of superstar stunt casting for Adam Warlock given GOTG Vol 2 tease but they went with Poulter of all people lol. 

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

We got multiple trades reporting this at this point. This "spoiler" was probably some concerted effort by the studio to create more hype for the film. Seems like the attempt kinda backfired but will get the movie more of a presales boost than the actual reactions did.

I mean they used a similar tactic for the marketing of Venom 2, so it's not that far-fetched.   

Although it was executed horribly due to the incompetence of Sony.

Can we stop this whole conspiratorial "they meant for this to be leaked" stuff?

When a senior publicist for Disney posts this:

immediately after the premiere that tells me that I don't exactly think this was Some Grand Plan by Disney.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Now the separate question of should they have known that someone would comment about this this is fair game.  

Yeah, probably. 

And is it the biggest spoiler in the world?  Of course not.

But to paraphrase something I said in the IATSE thread, sometimes folks can get blinded when they get too close to things. Can't see the forest for the trees and all that.

Even so, I think Disney could be excused for not foreseeing that Variety. of all outlets, would post about this like ONE MINUTE after the embargo being lifted.

Sometimes content producers aren't nearly as clever or all-knowing as y'all seem to think they are.

• Like 1

is it a big purple motherfucker with harry style's face or is it just harry styles in a superhero costume? the descriptions make it sound like the latter. no wonder thanos was so mad his brother looked like that and he looked like grimace on steriods. 

56 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

is it a big purple motherfucker with harry style's face or is it just harry styles in a superhero costume? the descriptions make it sound like the latter. no wonder thanos was so mad his brother looked like that and he looked like grimace on steriods. 

Starfox/Eros is supposed to look human, yes.