Porthos

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ETERNALS ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS***

13 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

This probably won't happen imo but cool idea nonetheless. I have a feeling X-men might have a multiverse concept. 

I didn't like Kingo much. But I hope Makkari and Druig make into something. They are literal gem.

Sersi , I am not worried about as she has very big comic history compared to other Eternals. She has been part of Avengers alongside Black Knight. The problem is her getting captured. 

Also, Celestials don't seem like good guys. 

I think one of DS3, Thor 5 and CM 3 can actually have their plot revolve around helping Thena's crew save Sersi's crew. Doctor Strange's plotlines so boring that they literally hijacked the sequel with the multiverse storyline. Captain Marvel doesn't have good plots and villains of her own either and can do with borrowing some help from the Eternals/Celestials.

Mutants being introduced due to the multiverse would be too lazy and involve a heck of a retcon for the MCU, similar to what The Flash is rumored to be doing for the DCEU. I don't think Feige would go that route.

*Most likely FoX-Men appear (and then go back to their universe) in MoM to keep us satiated for the time being until MCU's all-new X-Men debut.

Edited by Spidey Freak

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

They are basically supernatural superhero team. Moon Knight , Blade and now Black Knight etc..[/quote]

OMG how many superhero teams are there going to be? Isn't Val putting together a team of Walker, Yelena, Zemo, etc too? And then a number of cast members in DS2:MoM and villain in Quantumania point at Young Avengers in the future. 

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

Yes that can happen but the thing is they ended the movie on cliffhanger which needs to be resolved and will logically don't well for Eternals. 

Celestials are not going to set them free so easily. 

That is true. It's unresolved and couldn't be a side plot somewhere. Well, technically you could have Eros/Thena/Druig/Makai adventure before they locate Arishem and free Sersi/Kingo/Phastos but that wouldn't make much sense either.

Damn Marvel is stretching itself too thin. It now seems like there are spin-offs before anything is even aired (that Echo show for example). 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

can we talk about how Makkari and Druig are the best MCU couple ever. The Chemistry was extraordinary.

These 2 deserve a separate movie.

Thena/Gilgamesh was my straight OTP and I think I screamed in the theater when he died. I was like NOOOOO

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Cap said:

Thena/Gilgamesh was my straight OTP and I think I screamed in the theater when he died. I was like NOOOOO

Between this and Train to Busan on Wednesday it has not been a good week for your attachment to that actor

13 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

can we talk about how Makkari and Druig are the best MCU couple ever. The Chemistry was extraordinary.

That's coz canon MCU romance is shite. All he had to do was bump his chest against her back 😭

No Way Home better solidify Peter/MJ as one of the greats and Love & Thunder better do wonders rehabilitating Jane/Thor.

Marvel is never going to be famous for romance and that's OK. It's strengths are elsewhere. Great romance requires to be central focus, not a side. By nature of things, Ant Man and the Wasp should have been it but the actors have G-rated chemistry cause this franchise is Marvel's most family oriented. So instead of sexy sparks we get kid friendly ones. Oh well. 

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

Between this and Train to Busan on Wednesday it has not been a good week for your attachment to that actor

I WAS LEGIT LIKE, “NO NOT AGAIN 🥺🥺

• Sad 1

Olol

51 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Marvel is never going to be famous for romance and that's OK.

BLATANT LIES:

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

it’s been ten years I will never get over the way they look at each other. On 🔥 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Marvel is never going to be famous for romance and that's OK. It's strengths are elsewhere. Great romance requires to be central focus, not a side. By nature of things, Ant Man and the Wasp should have been it but the actors have G-rated chemistry cause this franchise is Marvel's most family oriented. So instead of sexy sparks we get kid friendly ones. Oh well. 

WandaVision erasure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just got out and its definitely one of the mediocre Marvel entries.

There are still quite a few bright spots:

1. Sersi was cool. Gemma rocked it. 

2. Sersi and Dane was good. Wish there was more. 

3. Ikaris being the antagonist was a neat idea. Execution could have been done better. 

4. Ikaris being able to fight the rest of the others by himself just showed how the powerhouse he is. 

5. Druig and Makkari. Enough said. 

The bad: 

1. The pacing. My god. WTF was going on.

2. Set pieces were mediocre. 

3. Ikaris and Sersi romance should have been explored more. It just didn't feel like they had a 5000 year romance. 

4. Some of the acting. Jeez they really need to vet some of these people. 

6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

The funny thing is though now Marvel's less likely to take big swings like they did with Eternals, at least in their films, so those same people upset at Marvel for "sticking to the formula" have now given them plenty of incentive to do so.

There is definitely some irony here that I enjoy.   

People have been moaning and gnashing their their teeth for like a fucking decade about the “marvel formula.” It’s so dull. So repetitive. Why oh why can’t marvel be bold and take risks with more unique movies.   

Well, guess what — turns out, the formula is good. Not merely good — it’s great! Critics like the formula. GA likes the formula. More enfranchised fans like the formula. 

It's just Marvel and formula. Formula and Marvel and their movies. Marvel and formula, forever and forever, a hundred years marvel and formula.

Edited by Eternal Legion

Just got out of my show. Overall I really liked this, but definitely think they should have trimmed a few characters and side plots so the movie is more focused. The world building, the Celestials, Arishem, Eternal's power sets were all great, and there were some really beautiful shots in the movie. Really love Makkari and Druig, they and Kingo were definitely scene stealers. I really think they should have cut Thena and Gilgamesh's characters and storylines and it would have made the movie much better.

The two credit scenes were both fun. Harry Styles got a huge reaction from my crowd, and Dane will definitely show up again very soon.

I'd say this is mid tier MCU that could have been top 5 with some streamlining and better editing. I do hope Chloe comes back for a sequel.